Idle adjustment

Its pretty easy...!! The i idle is at you right side if your sitting on the busa and facing the road...

If you lift up the tank its small nut under your airbox
biggrin.gif

Thanks guys! put 400 miles on the bike last weekend and the idle somehow got so low I had to use the choke to keep it running when I stopped.

Scott

Did you put on a PC3 or Exhausts recently... My idle went bad when I first installed the PC3!! I set the idle and the TPS right... and its been good ever since
biggrin.gif

Actually...I have no idea why it suddenly got so low. I didn't add anything to the bike lately. I have slip-ons that I put on in November but it idled well until recently.

what does every1 keep their idle at? i set mine kinda high (16-1800) so i dont hafta keep adjusting the idle... plus it sounds meaner....
wink.gif

what would cause the idle to INCREASE. I was riding the other day, and when i pulled the clutch, the idle went to about 1600 - 1700. I had it set for 1250. Seems wierd....

fstAZfk .. did you turn your ..handlebars when this ' idle jump' occured ? If so ..check your throttle cables ..( people have been knowin to adjust there "low idle" problem with the cable adjustments) ..and that will cause a " jump" because of "tightness" in the cables .. adjust Idle @ your Idle adjustment under the tank ..
wink.gif

Nope just sitting at the light, or when clutched coasting to the light. I had previously set the idle to 1250 about 100 miles ago.

Gotta do mine again.. Why do they slowly creep down.
Due to engine vibration... It happens to all of us at one time or another. No biggie!! I kinda like the idea of setting it and then using some Loc-tite to keep it in place, but I'm not sure if I want it THAT secure.

If my memory serves me correctly the manual calls for a range of 1150 - 1250 for idle speed.  I prefer it a little higher vice a little lower so I aim for 1250 + a cvnt hair.

I find the bike runs better overall, shifts much better and you know oil is getting pumped everywhere it should be.  Also the valves don't rattle like they will when idle is too low.

I read somewhere else about setting the idle adjustment screw - however they recommended NOT using Loctite and using a couple of dabs of your wife's clear nail polish.  It purportedly will prevent the screw from backing off (which they all seem to do) but won't bind like Loctite or other products.

<!--EDIT|Hardware
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121898272 -->

Back