How to adjust the idle

do these bikes need idle adjustment that often? all other bikes I've had, the screw adjustment is readily available, but I really don't remember messing with it at all. if this is a regular happening with busa, then I guess I'll go with the extended screw solution.

Most fuel injected bikes don't need to be adjusted often. I haven't adjusted mine in 2 years.

Very useful info - going to pick up a long screwdriver on the way home today...20" right? hehe

Can you "convert" the 06 Busa's to have that external black knob? that looks super useful vs. carrying a screwdriver
smile.gif

rick

Very useful info - going to pick up a long screwdriver on the way home today...20" right?  hehe

Can you "convert" the 06 Busa's to have that external black knob?  that looks super useful vs. carrying a screwdriver  
smile.gif

rick
Yes all the Gen I Busa can be fitted with the black knob

do these bikes need idle adjustment that often? all other bikes I've had, the screw adjustment is readily available, but I really don't remember messing with it at all. if this is a regular happening with busa, then I guess I'll go with the extended screw solution.

No they don't, the cable stretches a little over time. Turn idle adjust clockwise to about 1100 rpm. No need to carry a 2 foot screwdriver around all the time.

Back