idiots who change lanes WHILE making left turns

umairhashmi

Registered
Must have happened to me at least 10 times or so over the years and luckily each time i was in the car.When you are making a left turn at a green light sometimes there are two lanes that turn left.Why do people change those lanes WHILE in the middle of that turn??? I just never got it.The lines that divide lanes are visible so what makes it so damn hard to stay in your place? Luckily never happened to me while i was on the bike and i know it wont be pretty if it does happen

People dont pay attention!!!!

Arent there a lot of old people in Fla.
laugh.gif

worst problem i've had are "overly good samaritans" on the road. Those are the wizkids who, no matter if the light is green and traffic is zooming everywhere or even if they're in the fast lane or curb lane, They'll come to a complete STOP to let some jabroni into traffic from the left or right. I've lost count how many near rear end collisions or accidents from people swerving around these morons i've witnessed or got into myself.
AAAssjani.gif

That happens all the time where I'm at. The one that really fries my buns are the morons that bail out of a left turn after they are slowed down & in the turn lane. Anymore if a cage I'm following pulls into the left turn lane I get to the right side of my lane just to get a little more clearance in case they pull back out.

I think its much safer to ride in FL at night. Many of the "Q" tips have poor night vision so there are not as many of them on the roads after the sun takes a dip in the Gulf.

Well I'm guilty. I do it almost every day on the bike.
Here in front of my office there is a dual left turn bay.
The road it turns on is dual laned for approx 300'.
Where it goes one lane the right lane endsand a left turn lane appears.
The cagers 10- 15 of 'em line up in the left most turn lane.
0-3 fill in on the right most left turn lane.
For me it is either use the right turn lane and sweep across to the left turn lane or sit
throught 2 light cycles.
The cagers usually have no clue about following distance so its real easy to slide across their bows.
Heck I can even do it with the POS Exploder that work makes me use.

pirate.gif
Raider out.
P1504

my favorite to add on to the left turn is when your in traffic waiting at a red light for a left turn and the person next to you looks over while your waiting and notices you and a few seconds later when the light goes green they forget your in the other lane and drift over to your lane in the turn. my favorite!
argue.gif

Back