I Went Down Today

99'busa

Donating Member
Registered
Proud Dad, Mr. Bogus and I went for a 5 hr. ride through Indy's "gap". There had been some flooding recently so there have been some sand and gravel in some of the turns. My bike 1. doesn't handle very well in twisties. 2. It was left hand bend with sand and rock in right half of bend. I was holding to the right of lane out of habit due to possible on coming cages. I saw the gravel and applied the brakes hard as I could before making contact and having to release or I would surely have low sided. I turned as hard as my lowered tank would turn but I felt my frt. end washing out (it's amazing how fast your brain can process all options in what feels like a nano of a sec.) but there was a very shallow ditch or runoff to the right of the road. I had the choice of washing out or standing up and guiding it under my own control throught the very shallow but muddy, grassy, leaf debrised area. I chose the mud cause it atleast would be under my control. The bike fish tailed as expected (like old dirt bike days) and frt end washed around and all was scary but under control till there was a big root, stump, chunk of concrete or something that jammed the frt. tire very hard, after the tire bounced over my low clearence frt. end bottomed out on said item where the lower fairings come together at the radiator busting the plastic shroud that goes under the radiator. This is when things go south. Talk about a tank slapper. I felt like I ran smack into a 8" square curb. I immediatley ended up back on the road but muddy tires didn't help the already out of control situation. By this time I wasn't traveling at a very high rate of speed. I managed to get 90% of the braking I needed before hitting the gravel. The bike went down on it's left side in the middle of the road, slidding about 15 ft. Yes I was wearing gear so my injuries are mearly busted right knuckle (bruised and swollen, a mildly scraped left knuckle) My face shield was road rashed up pretty bad, left fairing road rashed pretty good, chrome stator cvr. rashed up, fairing shroud under radiator is gone (from collision with stump or concrete), right fairing is stress cracked also from colliding with stump or concrete. Gloves look unscaved somehow even though busted, and scraped up knuckles. My jacket is ripped but only at stitch seam. There are pics. but I didn't use my camera cause I didn't feel like taking pictures. Randy took a few. He is welcome to post them if he feels like it.

I feel just sick

I don't know if I'm gonna feel like posting much tonight so I'm not ignoring anyone if I don't post for awhile. I think this is the first time I haven't used one single emoticon

btw. bike started back up and we were able to finish trip but also my left mirror was busted out

Sorry about your bike, but happy that you were able to walk away. That's whats important.

Sorry to hear about your crash
sad.gif

I'm really sorry to hear that!!!! That sucks!!! All I could think about was that great new paintjob!!!
sad.gif

Glad to hear you're alright though - I'm sure it could have been worse.

If you need any help with anything let us know

Dear Chris

I'm really, really bummed to hear that you and your 'Busa went down! That's terrible, but it's great that you're here to write about it.

I know you just got your bike back. Dude, I just hate that things are a mess right now. The bike certainly can be fixed, though!

Glad that you are aight. That's the most important thing. Get some rest, you are prolly gonna be hurtin in the morning. Post up after you've got an idea of what parts you might need. Dont have many parts but am willing to send ya what I got extra laying around.

Hate it for you that the bike is scuffed. Another survival story.....

Glad to hear your alright man!

I had an "Issue" the other night as well, though far less dramatic. Rolled up to a stop sign and went to put my right leg down and suddenly realized that the road guys had drafted the road surface so drastically to a grate that my foot hit nothing but Air and by the time it did find a footing it was all too late. Broken Buell peg, rashed muffler and both my hump and tail got a few gouges as well as my mirror. I do have to say that my Motovation frame slider saved major damage to the right fairing! No major damage (pride mostly) but enough to make me physically ill that night! I think it was more embarrassment than anything else. My poor Busa has been down twice since Ive owned it and both frigging times were a 0 mph!!! I'm not worthy.
fart.gif

Oh I was really hoping you were kidding in the thread title. I am very sorry Chris.

God is truly good, all that and your here talking about it. Sorry about your bike it can be repaired.

dayum man-too much drama for ONE WEEK!!!
guns.gif

at least you were able to 'save it' somewhat n guide your bike out of a major collision n keep it rideable.
glad to hear the "major cosmetics" aka YOUR FACE were saved from dmg-we can work on tha plastics next week bro.
Rest up n thank tha person upstairs who you like for still breathin man. Glad you are even in a good enuf mood to post up.
My condelences again, man, on the bike tho.

Back