I want a new toy

FastBusa

Donating Member
Registered
I want to get a ATV. But which one? I only want to do general trail ridding, nothing fast that's what the Busa is for. Right now I seem down to a Honda 500 or one of the larger Polars for the same price. I want strong reliability and something that can get in and out. I don't want to baby it. What are your ideas?
Thanks for the help.

I have a Polaris 700 Sportsman its a great ride I think each one has its good and bad points. In my opinion Polaris has the best ride hands down on anything else out there. There are faster 4 wheelers in the utility department like Kawasaki and Bombardier. Weak point is Polaris seems to be high maintenance. Dont get me wrong we ride through mud and trials and climb stuff I would say harder then most but not beating it to death. Polaris front ends seem to need alot of repairs on both that I have had. Ball joints tie rods ends (inner and outer) A arm bushings rear wheel bearings etc. They all need stuff when you put them in water and mud all of the time my Polaris just seems to need them more often. Many of my riding buddies have POlaris and need the same parts so I think it is a trait. Honda's are tough as nails but ride is poor clearence not as good not as fast as any 3 wheel drive instead of 4. Yamaha is a good blend of everything a little sportier than the Polaris but not ridiculous 4 wheel drive system is best on market IMO. All in all after riding most everything out there atleast once I would do a Yamaha Griz 700 for all around fun, cost and maintenance.

I love my Raptor.... my friend has the Grizzly, very nice quad too if you aren't looking for a sport quad but still a 4x4 with power

P2240001__Large_.JPG

I also love my raptor 660---- Wheelie machine------

But the Kawasaki kfx700 my bud has is also Kick ass and you can get them hella cheap on fleabay, they are a sport utility quad, pretty sweet, and holds it own with wheelies too, for an auto....
This one is one town over fro me if you need some help with shipping let me know
http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/8/9/88157389.htm
It looks familiar, probably know the people selling it lol

Its my belief that the Yamaha Banshee is the ultimate fun machine.

Usless if you want to use it around the house though.

I have a 1999 Kawasaki Prairie. Never any problems out of it. Just a bad spark plug once and the muffler bracket keeps breaking, so I know have that wired up.

Still runs as new.
beerchug.gif

I had an 05 Suzuki Kingquad, could not kill it, and I tried!!! Traded it in for a busa, wife said I had too many toys!

I have a KFX700 and it's the most fun thing i have ever owned. It's soo easy to ride, and with minor work it keeps up with or beats any quad out there. it's and automatic which scares alot of people away, but after all of my friends ride mine they want one. I think you can probably get a decent one for 3K. i wouldn't sell mine for less than 5K and it's not in good shape. I love it!! Takes a beating and never stops. i've had it up to the handle bars under water. Also mainly made for the dunes it has a very soft suspension with long travel, it's not like a banshee that will rattle the teeth out of your head. It rides like a Caddy.

I have a 99 Polaris Sportsman 500.

1800 hours on it .

I have had it since new.

Replaced the clutch assembly, both primary and secondary.

Brake pads.

Tons of oil changes and that is it so far.

I cross streams, mud bogs, and all sorts of other hazards.

No tie rod ends or shocks yet but I will inspect closely, just guess I have been lucky there.

With the 2500lb warn winch out front & 300 feet of cable I have never gotten into anything I couldn't get myself out of.

My father has a grizzzly 700, its a rat, the tranny feels laggy, like its always rvving faster than it moving.. The suspension is built for pulling an pushing... If you were trying to get a machine that has all the fun out of it, thats the one...
Not that its not a good machine, for work its one of the best, but for work/fun you will be dissapionted....
I have drove a ton a machines, probably most that are currently available..
Granted I have them strictly for fun {thats why I have a raptor} I think as a Busa owner you probably want something you can spin around once and a while, maybe lift up the front end ect..
Go for either the KFX700 or the suzuki king quad 700efi Stay away from the Honda rincon and yamaha grizzly, You will find them heavy and clumsey for having fun.. Which it sounds like FUN is hat you are looking for because your second chioce is the 2wd 400 {I used to have one pretty cool machine

But good luck, I cant stand riding any of the 4 wd machines for too long, I need that 2wd whipping around feeling, Like the YFZ450- or Raptor

The YFZ is a nice machine, but i guess it all matters your size. if you are a larger/taller guy it will be uncomfortable, the LTZ is a good all around ATV, but it's not fast at all. If i was going to buy something brand new right now i would buy the new KFX450. I love my KFX700, i can ride it all day, it's 2wd, but it will go through almost anything a 4wd will go through especially deep holes because the airbox is soo high, and it will keep up with all 450's and outrun any 400's. it's not made for a track quad, but i have jumped it as far as any of my friends on there 400's. The raptor 700 is supposed to be a really nice quad also, but i havn't ridden any.

I totally agree, I sat on a YFZ450 and I felt like Magilla Gorilla, it was too small for me, and i'm only 190 lbs and about 5'10".

I like the bigger feel of the Raptor 660, even though it doesn't handle anywhere as well as the smaller 450.

As far as your question goes, I still think the Grizzly is a kick ass machine. My friend called me the other day, who also is a Raptor owner. He was amazed with the new 700 Grizzly, and called it a wheelie machine, stab the throttle and it yanks the front wheels off the ground.

Check out a Can Am Renegade. 800cc of pure 4x4 sport quad power. My soon to be father in law has a Can Am 500 utility and that thing rides like a Caddy. I think the renegade would be a good quad to take out for fun or take out for hunting /camping.

The Can AM 800 is the ****....All out 4x4 power with a great ride and look, the best bang for the buck by far, I love the Grizzley's but Can Am is in a LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN....

I'm sure those can am's are nice, but for the price you can buy another Busa. I've always liked the ideaof the wolverine's, but i heard they were pretty sluggish. i love the 4x4 sport quads though.

Back