Check Out my New Toy Peoples!

BurbankBusaBoy

Registered
This is my new 97 Honda CR 500! I love the thing! Ive been riding in the dirt since i was a youngin, both Quads, and Dirtbikes. I sold my last Dirtbike when i was around 20 Years old, (Im almost 27 now). Ive kept my Quads and ride them regularly. My Girl Decided she wanted to try out riding a 2 wheeled moto/X bike so i bought her a RM 125 for her B-day. Of course since she now has a dirtbike i had to buy one so i can show her the ropes =). This way i can set the Quads up for sand Permantly too! I absolultey LOVE the CR 500! My last dirt bike was a 92 YZ 250 and i thought it was fast but hott DAMN! This CR 500 is a ROCKET SHIP! I just thought i would brag a little bit and show you guys my new toy! Check her out, aint she a beaut?

200000__HI_RES__REAR_LOW_PIPE_SIDE.jpg.JPG

Ah yes --nothing like a Openclass MXer-- Now Shred-- Heres a pic of my 05 WR250F Yamaha

P_nuts.JPG

congrats,when cold lean it over until fuel dribbles out of the carb,it will start in 1 or 2 kicks

Wow, congratulations on the new dirt toy. Actually it looks just about like mine. I just picked up a 2003 XR650R through a trade deal. It's in really nice shape. The guy I got it from bought it new and put lots of $ into it. He rejeted the carb with a new exhaust system and made it put out some serious HP. After I got it home, I found it to be really hard starting. If it don't fire on the second kick, you are in for a thigh throbing event. I think I'll stop in the honda shop tomorrow and visit their mechanic? However, once you get that puppy fired off, it is vicious. When you crank the throttle it either lifts the front tire or it spins the rear. I rode it around the yard today and boy howdy, what a kick! If I can get that hard starting problem solved, I think I'll have tons of fun on that thing.

If anyone out there has a big honda dirt bike and has any ideas on hard starts, please PM me with suggestions!

Big Hondas Are hard to start period.......thats why if someone asks to ride your bike just say sure, if you can start it........Theres also a trick to it which i really cant explain.....you learn it after owning one for awhile.......BBB

Great lookin' bike ... and one on which you can have some fun (wheelies and slides) without the worries of being on the street.
tounge.gif

I used to own a '92 CR500. Absolutely awesome machine, and unreal torque! The only issue I had with mine (and the reason I got rid of it) was that 90% of the time it was a #itch to get started. (Yet 10% of the at times it would fire up almost effortlessly on the first kick!) I took it to two Honda repair shops trying to find the problem, but no luck. Hopefully you aren't experiencing those problems.

Looking back I probably should have gotten the CR250. That would have been plenty for me!

Back