I want a new toy

Wow there are alot of different opinions out there. I thought he was looking for a utility quad not a sport racer. Polaris is by far the most popular quad out there and mostly because of its independnet rear suspension. They have had it since 96 I think way before anyone else. More ground clearance and better ride by alot for years. All of my friends that had one had similar issues with parts on them but tough and dependable. I liked the Griz because it was a little sportier feeling than the Polaris, but not so much you get the hell beat out of you on a rough trail. We also ride real hard 10 hour trips for 100 miles where you have to winch through bad parts. I have a 2" lift kit and 28" tires my buddy has 29.5's on his 800 Polaris. and we still get them burried up to the gas tanks in mud and swamp. Thos sport machines can not go where we go so my riding requires good power good 4 wheel drive a decent riding machine (so your not beat up) and most important ground clearance. I will send some pics from home of our trips you will get a laugh out of it.

700_Sportsman.JPG

If you want a nice sport quad I got a 05 KFX 400 with warranty for sale,no problem shipping it..low hours used to tow bike back at track and some light use around the shop to run to the store.

I havent ridden a quad lately but have had a blast on them in the past. I am lookin for a used one and was surprised to find your not allowed in most places to ride 2 up... Anyone here ever ride with a passenger? Or do they sell aftermarket parts for a passenger? rear pegs, small back rest ...
rock.gif

(Kento-Moto @ Mar. 21 2007,07:55) I havent ridden a quad lately but have had a blast on them in the past. I am lookin for a used one and was surprised to find your not allowed in most places to ride 2 up...  Anyone here ever ride with a passenger? Or do they sell aftermarket parts for a passenger? rear pegs, small back rest ...  
rock.gif
As for aftermarket 2 place seats yes you can buy them.

As for pegs ?

You have floorboards on most utility quads, pegs are on sport quads and none of those are made for 2up.

2 up riding is not much fun anyways, it will limit your terrain and mobility to much to do anything aggressive.

Those aren't paved trails out there.

(TIMMYDUCK @ Mar. 21 2007,18:17)
(Kento-Moto @ Mar. 21 2007,07:55) I havent ridden a quad lately but have had a blast on them in the past. I am lookin for a used one and was surprised to find your not allowed in most places to ride 2 up...  Anyone here ever ride with a passenger? Or do they sell aftermarket parts for a passenger? rear pegs, small back rest ...  
rock.gif
As for aftermarket 2 place seats yes you can buy them.

As for pegs ?

You have floorboards on most utility quads, pegs are on sport quads and none of those are made for 2up.

2 up riding is not much fun anyways, it will limit your terrain and mobility to much to do anything aggressive.

Those aren't paved trails out there.
Thanx TD, there wont be much agressive riding when the mrs on board. And she never rides with me on the busa. This will be for puttin around in the mt's for the most part.

There are a few 2up machines on the market but most say no passengers. This is more for the companies protection more than anything. I ride 2 up quite often either my daughter or my GF and it does it fine. They do make a 2 up seat but because of the lawsuit thing they call it a second seat for the driver LOL and they do sell aftermarket foot pegs for a passenger but call it a fender protectors Other than there legs being a little short I like them on the seat with me better Here is s pic

03Sportsman500.JPG

(race24x @ Mar. 22 2007,21:03) There are a few 2up machines on the market but most say no passengers. This is more for the companies protection more than anything. I ride 2 up quite often either my daughter or my GF and it does it fine. They do make a 2 up seat but because of the lawsuit thing they call it a second seat for the driver LOL and they do sell aftermarket foot pegs for a passenger but call it a fender protectors Other than there legs being a little short I like them on the seat with me better Here is s pic
Thanx Ron, where can I find these after market acc's? ... anyone? ?
rock.gif

Back