I used to know all this stuff...computer guru crup

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Goal: to be able to qwikly,easily email a pdf of Gen 1 or 2 manuals and supplements to a member,new or otherwise who asks for it. Don't want to have to keep sending them to a site that may be down or ancient history,blahblahblah.Send them to clouds,whatever. Then explain how to "own it" etc. Emails,like mine, have a limit on file size. I used to use winzip etc, but then the receiver needs to unzip and..... :banghead:
Idea's ? Please explain to me in stoopid lingo as I no longer speak tech. Pictures would be nice...I prefer Crayon if possible.
The Good Book...hehehe gets asked for a lot still,and I'd like to once and for all streamline the process. A few of us who are on-line a lot...(let me apologize right now for that) :laugh: could be listed in a sticky or something easy to find. I thought maybe the site could just have it as a "1-click" somewhere...but that would entail getting somebody to do that. :D Plus there maybe be "no-no's" or copyrights vio's or who knows else what.
I'd like to "put the fix in"
Tanks,
Rubb.

You are good with avoiding compression programs. PDF is a lightweight printer language (not really a file format although they are stored as such) and thus it cannot be compressed much anyway.

Some here have provided files via their Dropbox, but that requires individual ownership. I am unclear from your request, is that something that you would personally host?

Back