I think I've heard it all now...

A Friends story.

While growing up a few of them owned ATVs. One day one of them was riding home down the sidewalk.
wow.gif
About that time a cop rounds the corner and pulls him over. After a good chewing out the cop ask "How old are you anyway?" responce. "Old enough to know better" At that time the cop lost it
laugh.gif
and told him to get the ATV off the sidewalk and push it the rest of the way.

I can honestly say that I have never lied to a cop, and probably never will due to the fact that nothing good can ever come of it. This did however happen to my buddy. Cop asks, "Are you drunk sir?" Buddy says, "No, I'm overserved." Needless to say that didn't work too well.

It just goes to show you can't drive down the road with a smashed windshield and bald tires without being hassled by the man.
smile.gif

I think the funniest thing I've even done to a cop was when he asked me if I had any ID and I said yes. The funny thing is after a slight pause the cop looks at me and asked Well can I see it? Duh, let me get that for you. OOPS In my defense he never asked to see it, he just asked if I had it.
laugh.gif
Lol...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I was pulled over one time on an interstate. The LEO started the open ended questions, like, "Do you know how fast you were going?" Naturally I stated "Yes" (that didn't help).

Then he proceded to tell me "I clocked you going 88 MPH" Then like a dumbass I started to argue my case...."That can't be....I had the cruise set on 80" (that didn't help either).

Needless to say I got the ticket. Chris
Ouch! The cruise thing wasn't exactly a good defense, huh?
biggrin.gif

"Do you know the speed limit here is 55 miles per hour?" replied "yes, sir, but I didn't plan on staying out more than around 35 minutes or so."

Don't try that .....it doesn't work at all.
face7.gif
Well, that's one I haven't heard before. Pretty good one, too. Probably would have worked with me.
wink.gif

A long time ago (1980ish) my friends and I are out cruising around. We end up at party where we know some girls. Mind you we were a whole 16yrs old and driving Dad's car. Well, the party goes on for quite some time, but non of us are drinking.. coke, pepsi, and Dr. Pepper (comes into play later) we only drank beer when at one of our houses (deal with parents at the time). The girl I was seeing back then was the Sheriff's daughter (also comes into play). The party gets boring so we head over to the local Skating Rink, where we meet some girls and skate. Well, the night at the skate rink comes to an end and some of the girls ask us for a ride home, of course we say "yes". After dropping the girls off we decide to take this dirt road home, no particular reason, just thought it would be fun. As we're coming up on the main road a car comes up behind us and the lights go on. My friend (we'll call him Ed) pulls over and starts freaking out cause its his Dad's car. The Sheriff (see the connection here) comes up to the window and asks how we are doing. Ed says fine. The Sheriff shines his light in the back seat and there I am, " how are you doing this evening George" he says. I tell him I am fine, how is he. "Good" he says "have you been drinking this evening?". I am about to say "no" (the truth) when Ed blurts out "yes, we have sir, we were at a party and then went skating and we were drinking the whole time". All of us in the car are now like what the hell is he talking about. The sheriff asks" what were you drinking". Ed with the most serious face says " Dr. Pepper, most of the night, but had a coke before leaving the Skating rink". I thought the Sheriff was gunna bust a gut. When he finally gets it together he tells us to head home. We still talk about that night.. 15 years later.. and we all still bust up.:laugh:
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

Nothin to do with your stories BT, but I haven't gotten a ticket in years.  I've been pulled over a few times - They always seem to go like this.  Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?   No sir.  Well, you were exceeding the speed limit.  Okay sir.  Liscense and registration please.  Yes sir.  (I keep my Mil ID and DL together in a little wallet, so I hand them both)  You're a Marine?  Yes sir.  How long have you been in?  XX years sir.  Well, I was a Marine, stationed out at XXXXXXX.  Why don't you slow it down a little.  Thank you sir.  Semper Fi!
That must be nice. I always get the "Since your a Marine you really should know better and always set the example" as he is writing the ticket. Have only gotten out of 2 tickets for being in the military

A few years ago, I pulled this kid over for a minor violation. As I walked up to the driver's window the kid says "Do you know Officer B, he is a good friend of mine." Now, I am Officer B, and my uniform had my name on it in pretty big letters, over the right pocket. Since he didn't notice the name, I played along -How long have you known Officer B? "Oh. for about 4 years" How do you know him? "Just from around town." When was the last time you saw him? "A couple of weeks ago." Finally, I said I am Officer B and I don't know you! You should have seen the kids face, he looked like he saw a ghost. As he was trying to keep from melting into the seat, he says "I called HQs once to ask some questions and you picked up the phone, that is how I met you." After reaming him a new , I sent him on his way, no tickets. (I was too impressed with his creativity to write him)

A few years ago, I pulled this kid over for a minor violation. As I walked up to the driver's window the kid says "Do you know Officer B, he is a good friend of mine." Now, I am Officer B, and my uniform had my name on it in pretty big letters, over the right pocket. Since he didn't notice the name, I played along -How long have you known Officer B? "Oh. for about 4 years" How do you know him? "Just from around town." When was the last time you saw him? "A couple of weeks ago." Finally, I said I am Officer B and I don't know you! You should have seen the kids face, he looked like he saw a ghost. As he was trying to keep from melting into the seat, he says "I called HQs once to ask some questions and you picked up the phone, that is how I met you." After reaming him a new , I sent him on his way, no tickets. (I was too impressed with his creativity to write him)
Man, you know it sucked to be him at that moment!
laugh.gif

It's amazing what we hear on the street, isn't it. I'm glad those kids came clean for you, I've always used the same discretion as you, the truth goes along ways. With my job now, I'm stuck in the office almost full time and miss the patrols. I now live vicariously through the stories I hear from the road officers and now from the stories in this thread. Thanks!

It's amazing what we hear on the street, isn't it. I'm glad those kids came clean for you, I've always used the same discretion as you, the truth goes along ways. With my job now, I'm stuck in the office almost full time and miss the patrols. I now live vicariously through the stories I hear from the road officers and now from the stories in this thread. Thanks!
Yeah, truly amazing. You never know what you're going to hear next! Keeps life from gettin' boring I guess.
wink.gif

Nothin to do with your stories BT, but I haven't gotten a ticket in years.  I've been pulled over a few times - They always seem to go like this.  Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?   No sir.  Well, you were exceeding the speed limit.  Okay sir.  Liscense and registration please.  Yes sir.  (I keep my Mil ID and DL together in a little wallet, so I hand them both)  You're a Marine?  Yes sir.  How long have you been in?  XX years sir.  Well, I was a Marine, stationed out at XXXXXXX.  Why don't you slow it down a little.  Thank you sir.  Semper Fi!
That must be nice.  I always get the "Since your a Marine you really should know better and always set the example" as he is writing the ticket.  Have only gotten out of 2 tickets for being in the military
Must be my sparkling good looks and shining personality.
Here's an example:
When I was back in Vegas in Dec, I rode to one of the malls. They didn't have separate motorcycle parking, so I asked the Valet if I could park on the sidewalk, next to a bike rack (there were two Harleys parked there already). They tell me no problem and I give them 5 bucks to keep an eye out. 20 mins later, I go outside just to check, and a cop is writing me a ticket. As I am walking up, she asks if I am a Marine and I say yes. She says nice bike, would you mind moving it for me? Yes ma'am, no problem. We talk for awhile (she had been a bulk fuels Marine out at Pendleton). So I go to move my bike, and she walkes over to the Harleys and finishes writing the ticket she started for me.
Moral of the story? Chicks dig Marines with Busas!

Great stories guys.

This is one from a few years back.

On the way to the drag strip, three of us in the front seat of a F150 towing a Mustang, running about 80 or so. We pass a Trooper going in the other direction. I have never seen a Crown Vic stirr up that much dust crossing the median.

The Trooper pulled us over, walked to the door, asked Robin for his L & R, and then asked "Sir, did you know you was speeding?"

Robin's response, "no sir, but I passed a few people who were".

The Trooper was fumed, face all red, then he cracked a smile, handed back the L & R and said "have a nice day".

Too funny...I couldn't do your job because I'd be laughing too much at idiots like that...
laugh.gif

Great stories guys.

This is one from a few years back.

On the way to the drag strip, three of us in the front seat of a F150 towing a Mustang, running about 80 or so. We pass a Trooper going in the other direction. I have never seen a Crown Vic stirr up that much dust crossing the median.

The Trooper pulled us over, walked to the door, asked Robin for his L & R, and then asked "Sir, did you know you was speeding?"

Robin's response, "no sir, but I passed a few people who were".

The Trooper was fumed, face all red, then he cracked a smile, handed back the L & R and said "have a nice day".
Now that's a good one.
super.gif
As for stirring up dust crossing a median, I tend to find the ONLY mud hole out there. We could be on a month long draught in the middle of summer and I could stick a car in the mud crossing the median.
biggrin.gif

Back