i think i have a fuel pressure problem

boostedgixxer

Registered
when i turn the key on and the pump primes, it does as it should and primes 43psi. once the pump shuts off the fuel pressure on the gauge bleeds off rather quickly, within 10-15 seconds. is it supposed to stay primed or is it normal to bleed off? my setup is walbro in tank pump set up like this
Turbo Fuel Setup : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
i used the optional routing seeing as how i dont have a place off the rail to tap into on my bike. there are zero leaks in any of my lines. we even tried pinching off the return after the pump primes but it still bleeds off. when the bike is started and running it idles fine at 43psi like it should with no problems. is the pressure supposed to bleed off like this and im just paranoid or should i be searching for some problems.

I have had 2 busas with the same setup as yours and the f/p bleeds off after if you don't start the bike. no problems here.

thank you sir. i was praying everything was ok. i thought i could hear it just going back into the tank via the return but i was certain. we tried pinching the return closed after prime and it still bled off. it idles smooth so i assumed it was ok i just wanted to make sure

if you haven't done so, make sure you set your high side pressure also. i run 8 lbs boost and have mine set at 100 lbs. on the fmu.

Back