dropping fuel pressure after priming.

Quiksilver

Registered
So I was tinkering with my bike and found that my fuel pressure drops to 0 immediately after priming. I have checked the pump and it holds pressure for atleast 10 minutes. I also pulled the fuel injectors and rail out and did not notice and leaks while priming. I have read that it could be a leak in the line (no signs) or the fuel pressure regulator which is less common. I have the 2025 updated the the new design. Isn't a return style fuel system support to hold pressure? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

What does the fuel pressure do when the bikes running? If it stays constant while it's running don't worry about it.

It stays at the set pressure, it oscillates a tad but I've read that's normal. Thanks for the help! How's the new shop going?

Fuel pressure will fall off as soon as it stops running. Some will hold, others will fall off, specially if the pump has some miles on it.

New shops doing fantastic, just got hit with the start of the winter rush. We will also have a dyno by the spring of next year.

Good to hear! Still saving so I can bring it in for you to check out so it can be tip top. It'll be my excuse for a vacation. :laugh:

Back