I POD Help

:cheerleader:page:cheerleader:

Rock this could have been yours

Shuffle for girls

Focus

Last edited:
ive got the 160gb ipod - right now its got 28 straight days worth of music on there, and she isn't near half full :laugh:

ive got the 160gb ipod - right now its got 28 straight days worth of music on there, and she isn't near half full :laugh:

heh, need to fill it the rest of the way :rofl:

so does it show up like a HD like my current sansa does? I have plenty of non DRM mp3s... just needa find a bigger solution for carrying it with me and of course something for the bike. I might have a rather lengthy ride ahead of me this summer on the bike (vs in the truck) so I'm just trying to plan ahead. :cool:

yep - it acts like a plain old usb2 disk too (although in order to put music on it you have to go through the itunes app - it doesn't matter if it's purchased or not, its just the way it works)

On the bike I just put it on shuffle and throw it in my jacket; works perfect.

heh, need to fill it the rest of the way :rofl:

so does it show up like a HD like my current sansa does? I have plenty of non DRM mp3s... just needa find a bigger solution for carrying it with me and of course something for the bike. I might have a rather lengthy ride ahead of me this summer on the bike (vs in the truck) so I'm just trying to plan ahead. :cool:

i just cracked 320GB in my music library last week:laugh:

ahhh grasshoppah... I remember those days well...

lemmie know when you catch up... I just aquired another 150GB from another DJ buddy... brings the total up to 950GB. I gotta get another external drive on order to back all this shid up :laugh:

got it.

his computer has the 700 or so songs on it in his itunes library right?

you should be able to do the following:

1- plug the ipod touch into the computer.

2- the ipod should show up under devices on the left side of the itunes window.

3 - click on the device name. along the top of the main itunes window on the right, you'll have tabs like "Summary", "Info" etc.

4 - click on the "Music" tab.

5 - Select "Sync Music" and "All songs and playlists"

6 - You should get a dialog warning you that it is going to erase whatever is on the ipod touch and replace it with whatever is in your itunes library. DONT DO THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE ALL THE MUSIC IN THE ITUNES LIBRARY (the one that resides on the computer) ALREADY. If so, go for it. This will copy all of the music from the itunes library (DRM and CD) to the ipod touch.

Ok, Thanks got that. Now he tells me he's got about a dozen more pieces on mom's laptop that he bought on his I Tunes acc't using her computer. :banghead: Guess that he couldn't get those to download on to the Nano previously and can't get them on to the I Touch either. Is that the file protection PITA you speak of? Anyway around that?

Many thanks for the help so far. I can now steal his Nano with a clear conscience. :thumbsup:

ahhh grasshoppah... I remember those days well...

lemmie know when you catch up... I just aquired another 150GB from another DJ buddy... brings the total up to 950GB. I gotta get another external drive on order to back all this shid up :laugh:

daaaaammmn!

call us in five years when you've gotten through it all :thumbsup:

Guess that he couldn't get those to download on to the Nano previously and can't get them on to the I Touch either. Is that the file protection PITA you speak of?

in a word ... YES :laugh:

And I dont know of a way around it but I'm sure there is one... :whistle:

Well you know more than I, what is the Windows File Wizard? ???

Sorry, I was enjoying a bubblebath.

Did you find it? File Transfer Wizard

start > programs > Accessories > System Tools > File and Settings Transfer Wizard
Write it all to cd, trust me.

then put it on your machine, all or some.
this will enable you to put purchased music on more than one computer.

daaaaammmn!

call us in five years when you've gotten through it all :thumbsup:

yeah seriously... I started by sayin to a buddy that is a pro dj "ya know, how bad would it suck to loose that case" his response "you have no f'in idea" so I suggested he make digital backups of all of it and of course I would hold an "off site backup" for him :whistle:... first pass 4500 cds or ~280GB. I took the time to catalog that one for him but the other additions and DJ buddies I convinced to digitally back up their music, I was like fug that noise I can search for it :laugh: Kinda nice to have, if its not recent like 2008 forward and I dont have it, i dont need it :laugh:

Ok, Thanks got that. Now he tells me he's got about a dozen more pieces on mom's laptop that he bought on his I Tunes acc't using her computer. :banghead: Guess that he couldn't get those to download on to the Nano previously and can't get them on to the I Touch either. Is that the file protection PITA you speak of? Anyway around that?

Many thanks for the help so far. I can now steal his Nano with a clear conscience. :thumbsup:

a few ways, but since it's only a dozen or so songs, here's the easiest way:

1 - on the laptop iTunes, make a playlist of the songs that he bought.
2 - burn a CD of the playlist.
3 - rip that CD into his itunes on his computer.

he'll probably have to manually enter song info on the ripped songs, but the good thing is that the tracks will be completely stripped of file protection.

last thing - after you've done this:

- on the laptop go to itunes. Under the "Store" file menu, select "deauthorize computer" - if he doesn't use the laptop for music and purchases, there's no need to tie up an authorization (you get 5) on that computer.

Last edited:
Sorry, I was enjoying a bubblebath.

Did you find it? File Transfer Wizard

start > programs > Accessories > System Tools > File and Settings Transfer Wizard
Write it all to cd, trust me.

then put it on your machine, all or some.
this will enable you to put purchased music on more than one computer.

Ok, I will search that out...........another day, in the meantime would you kindly pass the soap. :whistle:

yeah seriously... I started by sayin to a buddy that is a pro dj "ya know, how bad would it suck to loose that case" his response "you have no f'in idea" so I suggested he make digital backups of all of it and of course I would hold an "off site backup" for him :whistle:... first pass 4500 cds or ~280GB. I took the time to catalog that one for him but the other additions and DJ buddies I convinced to digitally back up their music, I was like fug that noise I can search for it :laugh: Kinda nice to have, if its not recent like 2008 forward and I dont have it, i dont need it :laugh:

the thought of ripping 4500 cds is giving me a headache..

he should start djing with traktor or something like that. That much physical music is a lot of stuff to carry...

the thought of ripping 4500 cds is giving me a headache..

he should start djing with traktor or something like that. That much physical music is a lot of stuff to carry...

yeah, he has some kinda dj software but sometimes you just gotta have the media ;) which btw in the metal case is about 140lbs :O

You can fix it by getting a Zune. :laugh:

The 12 songs that need to be moved can be downloaded again in the account information section in iTunes. Click on Purchase History and you can download them onto his computer.

Back