I pick'er up next week!!!

G

Finally found a decent and apparently straight shooting dealer in my area and got 'er for $10,800 out the door. She's a silver/grey '03 with a Sportech black chrome wind screen ($75 on the price tag) thrown in and 50% off of a matching Shoei "Hayabusa" helmet.

My first busa love was a couple of silver/grey bikes that were lowered and had polished rims. Those two bikes were the initial spark of my obsession with the busa. Silver/grey was also my original color choice before I saw the orange. The more I think about it the more I believe the orange might have grown old after a while anyway.

I'll probably be picking 'er up next thursday. Couldn't get insurance and financing done today, I work mon-tues and the dealer is closed wednesday. This will probably be the longest 5 days of my entire life... Anyway, I can't wait to get 'er and do some ridin'. Sucks not to have 'er for this weekend since I'm off! Oh well, I'll enjoy 'er when I get 'er.

kickass.gif

cograts been watching your post and you did what you neded to do .hats off to ya .what you gonna do with the saved 1,000 bucks?

Finally found a decent and apparently straight shooting dealer in my area and got 'er for $10,800 out the door. She's a silver/grey '03 with a Sportech black chrome wind screen ($75 on the price tag) thrown in and 50% off of a matching Shoei "Hayabusa" helmet.

My first busa love was a couple of silver/grey bikes that were lowered and had polished rims. Those two bikes were the initial spark of my obsession with the busa. Silver/grey was also my original color choice before I saw the orange. The more I think about it the more I believe the orange might have grown old after a while anyway.

I'll probably be picking 'er up next thursday. Couldn't get insurance and financing done today, I work mon-tues and the dealer is closed wednesday. This will probably be the longest 5 days of my entire life... Anyway, I can't wait to get 'er and do some ridin'. Sucks not to have 'er for this weekend since I'm off! Oh well, I'll enjoy 'er when I get 'er.

kickass.gif
Congatulations Bro. Now remember to tip-toe outta the shop and go easy on the fresh skins...Dude your gonna freak.
Hey, and don't feel too bad it took my dealer just over a month to find mine. Talk about a long wait.

Oh and the Busa, she stinks a LOT when brand new, hell I have 2300 miles on mine and she still gives off that "New bike" smell a little. You are going to hear a lot of wierd noises as well, Kinda BURRRpPPy grumbly rumbly from the intake, and your clutch when out in nuetral will sound wierd as well. Make sure they bleed the brakes before you accept delivery of it.

Hell I'm excited for you, the thing rocks...

rob t,

I'll probably lower it and get some bolt on/slip on cans with part of the money. I also need some riding gear so the money is pretty much spent.
wink.gif

bird1300,

Thanks. I sure hope I love it. If not then I've made a huge deal out of nothing.
wink.gif

Revlis,

I'll definitely be putting around for a while. I wouldn't say I have a fear of the bike but I hold a *lot* of respect for it. As for the wait, it'd probably be easier to wait if they were looking for it. As it stands, she's just sittin' at the dealership waitin' on me to get my shhhtuff together.

Thanks for the heads up on the noises and smells. I'm sure it'll be a new experience for me. It's my first brand new bike since I was about 8 years old.
biggrin.gif

As ya'll read my post here couldn't you just feel the ear to ear grin that I'm wearin'?

jump9.gif

wink.gif

Hey Wannabusa,
Glad to hear your finally gettin' your baby!  Sounds like you got a lot better price than you were talking about at first.  I too considered the SE Orange but in the end bought the '03 Silver and Grey for the some of the same reasons you did.  The Orange will definitely still turn my head when I see one go by, but I think I would get tired of it after a year or two of owning one.

No joke about the tires.  Be CAREFUL for the fist 100 miles or so as they are slick at first.  Plus, you need to spend a little time getting used to your ride.  This thing is soo smoothe and stable, you'll find yourself doing 80+ in city traffic if your not careful and it seems like it takes longer to stop than it did to get going.

And one last thing...

Have fun!!  
smile.gif

I still get the ol' ear-to-ear myself every time I head out for a ride.

Congrats on the bike. Spend a few months learning her before you start the mods. Above all be careful, and just dont try to pull a wheelie or burnout(more likly with new tires). Good Luck.

Congratulations! Just make sure to watch that speedometer! They are sooooo fast and smooth that you will freak out when you first ride it. I bet you will think that the speedo is off because it is sooo smooth, I did untill I was riding with traffic and my speedo is right on! Congrats Im sure you'll love it!!

Thanks for all the kind words, folks. As for bird1300's question... I was thinking of a name change when I get 'er home. I think I need something better than havabusa though. Hmmm...

And thanks to all who warn me about the new tires. I'll be extra careful till I get them scuffed in good. I'm gonna baby the bike anyway 'til I get used to 'er. I don't fear the bike but I have a lot of respect for it. I think as long as I keep that respect I'll be ok.

Now, four days and counting!
jump9.gif

Woohoo....You're going to love it. I've had mine for about a week now and have ridden every day it hasn't rained. I took it easy on the tires so far, but with 200 miles on the clock now it's time to hit some twisties. I decided to follow the break in procedure in the owners manual so I'm keeping the rpms under 5500-6000. That's good for over 110 mph in 6th gear. You won't be disappointed
biggrin.gif

Congratulations Hava-busa!

Sounds like you got a good deal for right in the middle of the season. Man, it's hard to get them to deal when its sunny and warm out.

This should be a looonnnnngggggg weekend for you. Be careful on that thing.

Yeah, Indy, it'll probably be the longest weekend of my life! It's my off weekend so I could have done a LOT of riding and a great initial detail on it. Too bad I couldn't get the insurance and financing finished yesterday afternoon! Grrrrrrr! Guess I'll just cut grass instead...

Oh well, there'll be plenty of riding time once she's here. I work twelve hour shifts so I only work 14 days a month.
biggrin.gif

If it makes you feel anybetter (and it most surely won't) but in terms of agony I have a good laugh thinking of my wait to ride my busa. I bought mine on Jan 31st of this year and it snowed the whole of February here. It was the longest, most drawn out, horrible, never ending, forever, gawd awful, miserable winter here in history ....my opinion at the time of course ;-)

Yeah, that sux... I know what's gonna happen. It's gonna start raining Thursday AM and not stop for the rest of the year... until it starts snowing. Oh yeah, I'm predicting the snowiest winter ever in Georgia. Last year, no bike, and it never really got cold.
smile.gif

I have to be more positive! It's going to be a beautiful day next Thursday and I'm gonna enjoy breaking in my new baby. I refuse to accept any other outcome!!! How's that?
biggrin.gif

Congrats!! How about Gottabusa, Ownabusa, Hasabusa, Rideabusa, or maybe Crashabusa(hopefully not)
tounge.gif

Back