I picked up my bike. IM IN LOVE!!!

Mr Brown, I've ridden my dad's 2013 last week. I can now compare his Brembo brakes to my 'upgraded' Tokico brakes with SS lines with these Galfer Wave Rotors, and from what I can see, new pads. I took both bikes to a very healthy speed lol....both brakes seemed the same to me, in feel and stopping. Obviously however, the Brembos would show their true superiority during some hard riding, and after multiple hard applications. Brake fade. But to compare mine with dad's, just two guys touring, I've found mine better than expected.

Pic 1. Dad's
Pic 2. Mine

Both parked on the same driveway :)

View attachment 1610174

View attachment 1610175
Is your dad part of us here?

Is your dad part of us here?

Hi Yellow09. Actually no he's not. I'm actually new here myself. He's 64, and this is his FIRST Hayabusa! Don't let that fool you boys and girls. He's still fit, still works as a rescue fireman, and is no stranger to speed. He is a state go carting champion here in Australia back in the mid 1990s, and has had his motorcycle license since 1974, where he has ridden pretty much big bore bikes since then. I have faith :)

Mum's worried though, the games will begin!

We are constantly talking about the "300 club" and how f%$#@&% awesome that would be. We do the big nod and wink and smile behind mums back when she's not looking. Mum's is aware of this 'thing' in the garage that is a motorbike, but she has no idea what a missile sits....and awaits!

I'm ranting....sorry lol

Hi Yellow09. Actually no he's not. I'm actually new here myself. He's 64, and this is his FIRST Hayabusa! Don't let that fool you boys and girls. He's still fit, still works as a rescue fireman, and is no stranger to speed. He is a state go carting champion here in Australia back in the mid 1990s, and has had his motorcycle license since 1974, where he has ridden pretty much big bore bikes since then. I have faith :)

Mum's worried though, the games will begin!

We are constantly talking about the "300 club" and how f%$#@&% awesome that would be. We do the big nod and wink and smile behind mums back when she's not looking. Mum's is aware of this 'thing' in the garage that is a motorbike, but she has no idea what a missile sits....and awaits!

I'm ranting....sorry lol

Don't sound like you are ranting to me....bring dad to us here...it would be fun to have a father-son team on the forum.

Most of us are "ahem" older guys and can relate to dad...some guys here are in their mid to late '60s and '70s and still riding and riding hard...

He would be in good company and he is riding a stellar looking bike himself.

Don't sound like you are ranting to me....bring dad to us here...it would be fun to have a father-son team on the forum.

Most of us are "ahem" older guys and can relate to dad...some guys here are in their mid to late '60s and '70s and still riding and riding hard...

He would be in good company and he is riding a stellar looking bike himself.

Ha ha....Well...here he is! I'll tell him about this forum

20191213_150117.jpg

View attachment 1610182

View attachment 1610182

I'm very much looking forward to us taming these monsters. We've spoken about owning these together for years now. I seriously never thought it'd happen. We are going to do some hard miles through Australia in 2020. Would love to share out trips with you all when it happens

Proper thing to do...you found us afterall....

Now you have to goad him into getting rid of those hot water heaters hanging off that thing.
Hot water heaters. I love that!!!! Yes they sure are. I called them fallen trees! Hey Mr Suzuki, what the hell did you mount 44 gallon drums on these bikes for??

Hot water heaters. I love that!!!! Yes they sure are. I called them fallen trees! Hey Mr Suzuki, what the hell did you mount 44 gallon drums on these bikes for??

All the bike companies have them trying to meet emissions....look at the ZX14R's cans...

When I had my Bandit, I couldn't believe how heavy just one can was...it was around 30lbs or so...

The cans and exhaust on these Hayabusas are incredibly heavy...my bike has a full Yosh system but I got the stock exhaust with it, they weighed a ton when I stuck them in the shed....only kept them in case I decided to go new then the stock exhaust goes on mine and I keep the Yosh for the new one.

Back