2006 Considering Nitrous but Im clueless!

Chango

Registered
I've had my busa for 8 years now. Looking to add power a little more power. I was told nitrous is a good way to go. I'm not a racer. I just love to go fast. My bike has high miles (3900) so my concern was the overall health of the engine. I realise how little I know. Skimming these forums feeling super lost. Where would bgg e a good place to start researching this? And for what I want what would be a less maintenance reasonable cost set up? Thanks in advance.

I
He called it a high mileage bike....
I know. @Chango do some research that is very low miles. The busa engine is great. You can do nitrous on the cheap. Some people will point out cost of all the tanks you will need and all the little things involved with it. Some will say save and go turbo. Other will say bust out the CC and spend 20g.

Just know whatever your first step is will not be your last. So I suggest whatever you do make sure you won’t have to replace for the next upgrade.

I

I know. @Chango do some research that is very low miles. The busa engine is great. You can do nitrous on the cheap. Some people will point out cost of all the tanks you will need and all the little things involved with it. Some will say save and go turbo. Other will say bust out the CC and spend 20g.

Just know whatever your first step is will not be your last. So I suggest whatever you do make sure you won’t have to replace for the next upgrade.
I was thinking he meant 39000....still not high....
Solid advice you're giving him though.

Nitro to me is only a short time high for speed and power....can only be used here and there...if you want to really make your bike make insane power, go to a turbo system, in the long run it will satisfy your needs more.

In my opinion (and only my opinion) I sure can't see how a bike like the Hayabusa needs more power but MANY here will disagree with me.

Nitro to me is only a short time high for speed and power....can only be used here and there...if you want to really make your bike make insane power, go to a turbo system, in the long run it will satisfy your needs more.

In my opinion (and only my opinion) I sure can't see how a bike like the Hayabusa needs more power but MANY here will disagree with me.
Mine is gen 1 and tries to pull from under my ass in 1st gear . I couldn't imagine turbo

Mine is gen 1 and tries to pull from under my ass in 1st gear . I couldn't imagine turbo
Hitting a nitro button would be similar but less controlled....if you go turbo, you'd get used to the power and be able to use it better IMO.

Nitrous is controllable. Just like a boost controller, a progressive nitrous controller can make it hit so soft you never know it's there.
You are a turbo guy, if you had your time back, would you have gone nitrous instead??

Probably not I figure...

OK, so some will correct me if I am wrong..... I encourage them to do so....... My previous busa was a Gen 1......(i miss that bike). It had 33000 miles on it. I added a small shot, a 40shot of dry nitrous to the bike, had a nitrous express solenoid with a 30jet. It was an easy choice for me....... I didn't want to go too wild, I didn't want to race at the track, it was my daily. I just wanted to hand out beatings to newer bikes from time to time. U know? Teach them a lesson launching from a traffic light. And it was cheap compared to going turbo. And lessons were taught. Mine was a sneaky Pete system, so I kept em guessing...... And I kept gassing...... For over a year with no problems. I only used it when I needed it. I had more plans for the bike, but then 3rd world traffic happened...... But it was not nitrous that killed the poor thing, it was fuel, as Mr Brown and a few other org members pointed out. I'd say, if was just for some happy giggles, go with a small shot af nitrous. Just be sure to data log to see what the motor is doing, and if you decide to go a little bigger....... Reinforce that motor with some tough bolts....... Otherwise, you'll be OK.

Please correct me if I am wrong, busa fam or add a little input, I wouldn't want to give the wrong advice, only my experience with this.

Sprayed the bike before I went turbo. So, no...
I do prefer turbo in almost every application, but nitrous has its place in the performance world. It's definitely cheaper and easier.

The thing I see about nitrous verses turbo is with the turbo bike, you have power all the time.

I imagine if one was out "performing' all day and then at the end of that day, this person decides to lay shame to a mouthy S1000RR owner, he lines up, gets the hole shot, starts to see the Beemer pull up on him, he smiles, hits the juice button only to have it do nothing as it is empty after his day of frolicking...and the Beemer tail light disappearing....

Wishing at that point, he had turbo'd his bike...

Back