I NEED THE ORGS HELP!

bigjohn141

Donating Member
Registered
So my girlfriend and I just decided we want to go on a european vacation/possibly honeymoon. I was wondering if any of you have been and what are the best places to go. We were wanting to go a few different places, staying at each for a couple of days. I was thinking of including a visit to Italy and to Switzerland at least. Could anyone please give me some ideas and possibly a good angent to book this type of trip. Any input would be great. Thanks in advance.

Showoff ...
tounge.gif

(bigjohn141 @ Apr. 26 2007,03:15) Could anyone please give me some ideas and possibly a good angent to book this type of trip. Any input would be great.
Yeah , become a  Hostel Society member for about 5 bucks a month to find the groovy deals, get off the plane at London Heathrow and hoof it , train , bus and if needed , Hertz rent a car .

Leave now and mid September would be a good return date  
biggrin.gif

being in Europe w/o a bike is like fu#king a goat instead of a bitch.

Man, I live in switzerland, and I tell you - you'll find nowhere better roads then in Alps! perfect, flat, well profiled and grippy tarmac, amazing views, real school of riding. You don't need to visit a race track to improve your skills.
Receip is simple: buy road map of alps (including switzerland, italy and austria), mark all the mountain passes, chose the optimal road through them, and just go like 300-400km per day (that counts different if you constantly twist left and right whole day). Don't plan any hotels - best is to spontanously hook up in any private inns or small quarters in villages you find in the mountains.

Fly down there with your wife, rent a bike and hit da road!

Want some example? Find on Google maps a town called >Chur< in east Switzerland - from this point to the village called >Arosa< goes 30km long road. Road of 180 curves. Shall I say more?

So, live fast - die hard! Make a good choice
smile.gif

The Seine in a boat at night, near the tower will impress your lady.............Fly into Paris and catch a train east

(expedyt @ Apr. 26 2007,11:15) being in Europe w/o a bike is like fu#king a goat instead of a bitch.

Man, I live in switzerland, and I tell you - you'll find nowhere better roads then in Alps! perfect, flat, well profiled and grippy tarmac, amazing views, real school of riding. You don't need to visit a race track to improve your skills.
Receip is simple: buy road map of alps (including switzerland, italy and austria), mark all the mountain passes, chose the optimal road through them, and just go like 300-400km per day (that counts different if you constantly twist left and right whole day). Don't plan any hotels - best is to spontanously hook up in any private inns or small quarters in villages you find in the mountains.

Fly down there with your wife, rent a bike and hit da road!

Want some example? Find on Google maps a town called >Chur< in east Switzerland - from this point to the village called >Arosa< goes 30km long road. Road of 180 curves. Shall I say more?

So, live fast - die hard! Make a good choice
smile.gif
Wow
wow.gif

(300Busa @ Apr. 26 2007,14:01) I see another "Chevy Chase Vacation" movie coming out soon
And Captain Jacker rears his ugly head again

In all seriousness, the Chunnell from London to France is pretty cool, if you like the whole underground train car of death idea. Whales is great if you want to get away

pirate_3__1.jpg

Stewardess: Can I get you anything to drink?
Clark Griswold: Honey? I guess I'll have a Coke.
Stewardess: Do you want that in the can?
Clark Griswold: No, I'll have it right here.

Ilike Germany myself Munich and anywhere around the Austrian border . Lots of castle's and no nicer people anywhere . And not to mention all the BeerGardens...

Back