i need help fast pleassse

justa-busa-girl

Registered
can anyone tell me were i can buy the screw type master link for the ek zzz 530 chain , i cant find anyone who has it and i need to get it ordered so it will be here by friday if anyone know were id so much appericate it!!!!!

you can get the c-clip style too... what side of country are you on? *seems silly but I would order 2 if it is absolutely necessary for you to ride.. ya just never know..

I do not see the link listed for the ZZZ chain... (the ZVX will probably work just fine, ask them)

http://www.moto-chains.com/site/898528/product/mstr%20-%20screw
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Toll Free Order Line - 1.866.503.2299 [/FONT]

Last edited:
they just told me they dont make the screw type for this chain, my problem is the flat side of the master link( the female part) is to small to go over the posts. I mean it just will not go, we used plyers, vise grips, and even a chain tool and it will not go!! I had to order a new master link because we ruined this one. mike has installed ALOT of chains and never had something like this. Any of you have this problem, i was told it should fit snug but it should go on with pliers?

That doesn't sound right.
It is supposed to be tight, but no good if it doesn't go on.
I would send it back to them and have them check it.
Sounds unusual to me.

EK does not make a screw type or clip type marketed for a ZZZ. I know for a fact the ZZZ link will fit a ZVX2 chain. I put one on KS-waterbugs bike in Eureka Springs a couple of years ago. The measurements matched exactly, so theoretically the ZVM2 screw type should work. However the ZZZ is rated a bit higher so that may be the reason they don’t market it as such. You would be a trailblazer to try it and the master link might be the weak link!

I've installed 10-12 ZZZ master links but have always used a chain tool and the correct spacer/install aids. Maybe you had a bad link, I'm not sure but I’ve never had a problem with one.

Well i've done 4-5 chains with the "rivet style" master linkz, and everyone was VERY TIGHT(PITA REALLY!!)and everyone i had to use a chain tool/installer to get the side plate pressed on.....NO WAY could i have used plyers to install(takes ALOT of PSI to press on). Now if it absolutely wont even start to go on, i "might" think about reaming(be VERY VERY careful doing this, you dont want to go too big, just enough to press on with tool, and MAKE SURE when you crimp the ends it mushrooms nicely over the holes in the side plate)it out a LITTLE? I would not really suggest this in less your really in a bind, would be best to get another master link and start over. Good luck and be CAREFUL :beerchug:

BTW, I've SPIT a chain @ the strip at about 130mph and its not fun, blew the whole back of my ZX12 apart......all because i was impatient and wanted to go racing & didnt crimp the M/L with a chain tool)! :cookoo:

Last edited:
Back