I love riding without a Helmet...Wrong??

Status
Not open for further replies.
without my helmet i would have prob lost an eye in my crash. if not at least some really bad facial scarring... no thanks. i will wear one always.:rulez:

Enjoy your ride :thumbsup: Helmets saved my life to many times to ride without one.

Good luck and Godsspeed :thumbsup:

i ride occasionaly without a helmet. its a stupid move safety wise, theres no justification to not wearing one, plenty of reason to wear one. its just a personal decision that youll regret if you ever get hurt.

Wow I`m reading some of these comments about wearing a helmet or not and i`ve wrecked on a bike like alot of folks on here, but I would at least like to be able to choose to ride with or without not have somebody else tell me i have to for what ever made up reasons.

I've done it and love it, but I wont anymore as I been down twice and fortunately I was wearing gear. I would have had very serious injuries with out the lid and suit.

Pict0032.JPG

busa 21.jpg

Pict0030.JPG

Living in Texas I have the "luxury" of choosing whether to wear my helmet or not and I must say that most often I do not... I love the feeling it gives me,,the lack of restriction of vision and the feeling of being at one with my bike...My helmet just seems to rob me of this.... Thought Guys???

actually there are certain requirements you must meet to ride w/o a helmet in TX

and starting last yr, you must have taken the MSF class to get your license

your head - your life, just have a DNR or really good insurance, and caretaker to wipe your ass.

your head - your life, just have a DNR or really good insurance, and caretaker to wipe your ass.

In case some peeps do not know what a DNR is (cut-and-pasted from Wiki)
A do not resuscitate document, often called a living will, is a binding legal document that states resuscitation should not be attempted if a person suffers cardiac or respiratory arrest. Abbreviated DNR, such an order may be instituted on the basis of an advance directive from a person, or from someone entitled to make decisions on their behalf, such as a health care proxy.

do you have your flame suit on? and get that extra nearby. Then again, it is your right and choice. Best of luck.

P.S. You think this guy wished he was NOT wearing a helmet?

00000013.jpg

pretty sure he knows he was increasing his chances of a wreck and not wearing a helmet in that environment would be totally foolish. Something i am sure he was completely aware of..

What excuses do you have for being rude:moon:
Sorry, but internet stupidity will most often result in a verbal smackdown.
He, and many (most, probably) others think you deserve it.

If you want to ride without a helmet, that's your choice. Make sure your wife/girlfriend knows how to log onto this site, so she can tell us where to send the flowers.

pretty sure he knows he was increasing his chances of a wreck and not wearing a helmet in that environment would be totally foolish. Something i am sure he was completely aware of..

I just snagged that picture as a loose example to make a point. The most innocent/benign environments or activities can result in tragic events. Not too long ago:
* Natasha Richardson: slipped and fell while learning how to ski...moving no faster than 3-5 mph. Sadly she sustained a fatal head injury.
* here in SoCal, a man got hit on the head by a golf ball while talking a stroll. Also died from a head injury.

As already pointed out, riding is inherently risky. Which is why I wear All The Gear All The Time. Dress for the crash, not the ride.

Freedom of choice is a good thing. So is taking responsiblity for one's actions and how it impacts your friends and family. Happy Holidays all :thumbsup:

Not wearing a helmet is like playing Russian Roulette, it's just a matter of time.

Jerry Seinfeld on helmets and helmet laws

"...Skydiving was definitely the scariest thing I've ever done. Let me ask you this question in regards to the skydiving: what is the point of the helmet in the skydiving? I mean, can you kinda make it? You jump out of that plane and that chute doesn't open, the helmet is now wearing you for protection. Later on the helmet's talking with the other helmets going "It's a good thing that he was there or I would have hit the ground directly."

There are many things that we can point to that proof that the human being is not smart. The helmet is my personal favorite. The fact that we had to invent the helmet. Now why did we invent the helmet? Well, because we were participating in many activities that were cracking our heads. We looked at the situation. We chose not to avoid these activities, but to just make little plastic hats so that we can continue our head-cracking lifestyles.

The only thing dumber than the helmet is the helmet law, the point of which is to protect a brain that is functioning so poorly, it's not even trying to stop the cracking of the head that it's in..."

Last edited:
I always ride with a full face on--regardless of the speed, a fall with head impact will result in severe injury or death. If you survive a head smack, you may wish you had died! FWIW, I wouldn't care if anyone else didn't wear a helmet, so long as there was a law that did not allow for your medical coverage in the event of a crash. Lie there, suffer, and or die, while not ringing up bills the rest of us will have to cover!

The hypocrisy on this forum is absolutely astounding.

You are 14 TIMES more likely to die in a motorcycle accident than a car accident. You are only 2 TIMES as likely to die in a motorcycle accident without wearing a helment.

So what some of you are saying is, it's ok to take risks with your life, but only the risks that you personally justify. You also risk falling in the shower or dying from heart disease from eating greasy foods. Some of you are fat, including myself. Should we point and laugh at everyone that has a belly and call them morons because they might die earlier than a skinny person?

I suggest everyone park their bikes now. You obviously have no room to talk about personal safety.

Last edited:
The hypocrisy on this forum is absolutely astounding.

You are 14 TIMES more likely to die in a motorcycle accident than a car accident. You are only 2 TIMES as likely to die in a motorcycle accident without wearing a helment.

So what some of you are saying is, it's ok to take risks with your life, but only the risks that you personally justify. You also risk falling in the shower or dying from heart disease from eating greasy foods. Some of you are fat, including myself. Should we point and laugh at everyone that has a belly and call them morons because they might die earlier than a skinny person?

I suggest everyone park their bikes now. You obviously have no room to talk about personal safety.

Thanks for the huge letters.
where did you get the information about motorcycle deaths ?

Ok, since motorcyclists have 14 times more chance to be killed in a road accident, doesn't it make 14 times more sense to protect one self?

You see, the LIVE TO RIDE thing assumes that you have to be alive to ride...
Obviously one does not have to look like a GP racer riding to work, but a helmet is a must.

Any way, I'm quite good looking and fit thus very popular with the ladies so I'll wear a helmet, gloves and a nice leather jacket for now. (!)

I enjoy riding (and sex!) too much to risk it all by riding without a helmet.
What are you risking?

So you're willing to risk your life 14 times over, and you find this an acceptable risk of life. But when someone wants to risk an additional 2 times over, you point at them and call them names? Do you realize how silly that looks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back