I know the guys busy...who isnt

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
its coming up on 2 months. Ya 2 months. I know,I know,tobin is a good guy etc etc.I've said that myself.

But,no returned email or phonecall EVER.

People have recieved their seats who sent them to Tobin <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>after</span> me. What gives?

I sent him the seats,detailed instructions via email and voice and yet...nothing.

I just called his number but it just rings and doesn't go to voice mail or an' answering machine.

Can someone in his area help Ol' Rubb. Its not for me...its for Busa Man 24/7 (Dave). I'm trying to get these seats made for Dave from US(you and me) here at the Org. We donated the funds,now I'm trying to get the product.

Ideas anyone?

Hey, did you see the thread I started about his new website? I didn't notice if his numbers changed.... Let me look...

Don't know much about him except what I read here..

Always highly praised for his work ...
rock.gif
Strange one...

I never got him except after 8 PM his time (EST) ! Might try later, "OH" what am I saying, it is later, so call him NOW !

I ordered mine during January, no special requests just basic black with the added pad, only had the front seat done. I received the seat back within two weeks. Only until recently did I get to try out the new seat, and all I can say is incredible. Total comfort for a couple hundred. Its unusual you haven't heard back from him, but its the season now, and by my personal judgement of the product he delivers, there can't be a shortage of customers. Good luck, I'm sure he'll be taking care of you in short time.

I talked w/ him latter part of last week.  I don't know what his system is (first come first serve or not) but he pushed mine out rather promptly.  I received an email earlier this week in reference to me sending my hump pad back because the thread is the wrong color.  *shrugging shoulders*  I dunno Rubb.  Hang tuff.  I have noticed that sometimes the vmail is on and sometimes it is off.

<!--EDIT|BiG-T
Reason for Edit: "spell check"|1146100985 -->

Andy ... try PMing "suzuki4life" Gary knows Tobin and can probably get a response/update faster than the rest of us.

... uhhh sorry Gary for putting you on the spot
smile.gif

Two months...oh dear God, say it ain't so.
AAAssjani.gif

I'm dying to get my seat tobinized and dread being without my ride for just two weeks.

I tried many times to get a hold of Tobin seats over a span of months. I mean his product gets rave reveiws and looks awesome and was wanting one for my bike. But damn i got sick of trying and just gave up. A shame really
sad.gif
Hopefully it gets straight for you Rub.

I had mine done recently. Totally happy with the results. Two weeks turn-around time. It was hit and miss getting him on the phone, mostly miss. The only communication success I had was, me calling him. No response to messages or emails, they say he is just too busy.

His instructions were to print out his order form, fill it out with what you wanted, make any special instructions in the block designated for them, put this form in the box with the seats, and send it in.

I followed his instructions and also printed a picture of a seat he had previously done that was posted on the web, and drew lines with arrows, with instructions connectd to the lines, in case he didn't understand me on the "form." A few days after I mailed the seats, I got him on the phone and he said he understood what I wanted. I got the seats a few days later. No problem, I'm happy with the results.

TobinSeat1Nash.jpg

Well I guess I'l try DJ's suggestion,or I'll spend more money that I dont have on long distance phone calls tonight.

I'm not pissed off or anything,just wonder why Dave's seats got dropped to the bottom of the pile,especially after explaining the whole deal to Tobin on the phone weeks ago.I told him the org was doing a gift for a cool member. Dave getting crashed and me and another member donating the seats,and even more members donating funds to make this happen....

seems odd to me. Real odd. Thanks boys...

Rubb.

Now don't you go getin you Nickers in a knot......... Cuzz...........

So, he has taken a little longer............ I'm sure it will work out all good... I am really looking forward to receiving them....

I think when they do get here............ I'm going to buy a tray of beer and me and them new seats are going to have a session........

Old saying............... what's for you....... won't pass, you...
wink.gif
wink.gif

wink.gif

If it was for me cuzz,I wouldn't much care,but its for you,so its different.

So,with the help of the Professor I just left my telephone number on Tobin's machine again.

Perhaps he will call.

Thanks Professor...for "You Know What".

I'm not sure if I've told you,
But he e-mailed me about three weeks ago looking for my phone number
rock.gif

I gave it to the man............ but haven't heard anything since.............

I have one word for ya . . .

CORBIN

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1406"|1146177368 -->

Back