I just realized i wash my bike alot...

Shindo97

Registered
I habd wash my bike almost every single saturday morning...Soap, water, chammey, and then honda spray polish her down after.

Is the constant use of water bad???

I did mine with that frequency and had no problems and will be back doing it in a few weeks. Only difference is I'll use Zaino!
biggrin.gif

That's a good habit. It means you take good care of your stuff. Who wants to see a filthy Hayabusa driving down the road anyways!

since i dont have a water hose i have to take mine to the carwash...yeah it sucks droping 5 bucks on a bike not to mentiong carring a spong wax and sham to the wash but hey someones got to do it
wink.gif

Did complete deal this weedend clean and lube chain and tighten a little, Wash Wax and take hump off put the pas seat on
biggrin.gif
I think its a good thing to see em all shined up

Too much is bad, seals can be penetrated with enough water or just some high pressure water.

Id try not to get water on the engine area and on the wheel seals if you can help it...Honda shine will clean those areas.

Ive clean my bike with water once in 2500 miles...otherwise I clean it without water to maintain it between washes.

rarely wash mine, wipe it down before every ride and wax it. I may take a wet rag for the bug guts but other then that washed mine with water only three times.

I put mine up on stands and wash and clean her about 2 times a week. (I also ride 7 days a week.) There is nothing better than a clean busa...she rides oh so much better that way!

rarely wash mine, wipe it down before every ride and wax it. I may take a wet rag for the bug guts but other then that washed mine with water only three times.
Same here. Wet rag with a bit of soap. Never hosed down.

Aside from that, I just ride in the triple digits to get most of the dirt off  
laugh.gif

Is every other day obsessive, or normal? In present company, I would say 'normal,' since we all seem to be rather obsessive to begin with.
tounge.gif

seems like the only time mine gets wet is when it rains. I always use honda polish and wax and thats about it.

since i dont have a water hose i have to take mine to the carwash...yeah it sucks droping 5 bucks on a bike not to mentiong carring a spong wax and sham to the wash but hey someones got to do it
wink.gif
I also don't have a hose....

I just toat buckets of water outside....

lets see...

1 bucket = soak
1 bucket = wash
2 buckets = rinse...

yeah thats gets tiring......

For you guys who do not have a hose........One Word.......WALMART......check it out!!!!

And I bet you guys have at least a grand in mods on those bikes, yet no hose?
rock.gif

We all know that the Busa needs a fresh quantiful supply of water......

And none of this "I spent sooooo much on my bike that I can't afford a hose BS".....lol

Too much is bad, seals can be penetrated with enough water or just some high pressure water.

Id try not to get water on the engine area and on the wheel seals if you can help it...Honda shine will clean those areas.

Ive clean my bike with water once in 2500 miles...otherwise I clean it without water to maintain it between washes.
Mine has 1700 kms on it and I have yet to wash it with water. I always use a damp cloth and lots of bling armor all and all that crap to shine it up.

How about twice a day. Before and after a ride. Black bike collects a lot of dust. I use a spray bottle with water and then Meguilars spray between coats. Water hose only when absolutely necessary.

You are not going to hurt anything spraying it off with a hose.

I would not advise lifting the seat or taking off the filler plugs before rinsing however, though if someone does do that, it proves that the natural selection process does indeed work....

if you have done the hump mod water gets in there where most folks PC3's/alarms are. Not much but some does get in.

Same here. Wet rag with a bit of soap. Never hosed down.

Aside from that, I just ride in the triple digits to get most of the dirt off  
laugh.gif
Same here...I use a wet cloth then dry. I learned early on that if you constantly soak your bike your gonna start seeing problems from corrosion in electrical connectors.....moisture in your gauges....bearing issues from water being forced in.....and if your not careful and have a loose crankcase breather, water in your oil. Wash it by hand...its a little slower but wayyyy better in the long run. You don't want to have to track down an electrical prob caused by a corroded plug
wow.gif
And when one plugs that bad....a whole lot more aren't far behind.

As long as you dont prussure wash her.. she will be fine!!! DOnt let it worry you...
biggrin.gif

Back