I just bought the most expensive oil i ever paid for.."Amsoil"

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
While at broward motosports geting Oren a new set of Q2's mounted up?..i saw they change oil for $50...and i thought?..gee..thats a good deal..oil change for $50?..well...that was just the labor for 1/2 hour of their $100 an hour shop rate..hadta pay for oil/filter on top of that..but?..for the 1st time ever?..i let someone else change my oil..i'm old..it's hot...too much mess to deal with..and bit..and then?..hadta decide on bulk dino oil or?..synthetic..naturally since Orens never seen a drop of anything but full synth?...and the only other choice they had was "Spectro" for full synth?..i went with the whopping $12.95 per qt Amsoil full synth..x's 4 qts...wow.

But get this..since i rode 60 miles south to get the great deal on Q2's mounted and balanced?..it's been quite sometime since i've done that long of a haul on nuthin but interstate I95 superslab..so i was anxious to see if i'd get better than the 26-27mpg Orens been gettin 'round town lately and?..viola!...31.2mpg!..and i thought cool..good jump...but guess what?..

after the new shoes and fresh amsoil/filter?..

i get home..rode the exact same ride/distance/speeds everything and?...

32.8mpg

and i thought?..well?..it was expensive but?..it's cool i'm gettin an extra 1.6mpgs.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Ah, another oil thread.

Not sure a Busa is real oil sensitive, did a change 2,000 miles ago and if I look through the sight glass it is still clean, looks like I just changed it yesterday.

My Husky on the other hand after 1,000 miles looks so dirty like it's been in there for 10 years.

I'll give you a :thumbsup: bump for the Amsoil Jinkster!! I've used it ever since 2000 miles on my bike and love it. FYI, get hooked up as a dealer with them for $10/year and you can get the qts for about $8.95 a pop and gallons are even cheaper!

I'll give you a :thumbsup: bump for the Amsoil Jinkster!! I've used it ever since 2000 miles on my bike and love it. FYI, get hooked up as a dealer with them for $10/year and you can get the qts for about $8.95 a pop and gallons are even cheaper!

good! Great to hear! Thanks! :thumbsup:

I always use AMSOIL. All my previous bikes before the busa. Full synthetic. I still change it every 2000 even tho i could change it way less often. Im just very protective of my bikes

:thumbsup: we switch all our customers over and 2 oil changes later they glad we did...

More money upfront but cost savings is better..

Last edited:
More money upfront but cost savings is better..

No to be contrary but..just outta curiosity?..how so GC?..are folks running this oil for more miles than other synths?..or are ya banking on the "better protection/longer engine life" train of thought?..or?..a lil of both?

i know this..i typically/always change my oil/filter every 2500-3K miles...and with some of the lesser slick oils i've used in the past on previous bikes?..like GTX in my old yami FZ1?...by 2,500 miles it seemed obvious that i could hear more top-end chatter at cold start-ups with the older wore out oil..and with synths?..i usually don't notice any difs in cold start top-end chatter till about 3K miles..but?..i let that last batch of Pennsoil Platinum full synth ride for 4K miles..which is why probably that i sprung for the good shid...outta guilt..that for the 1st time i let Oren go past 3K without an oil change..but even taking into consideration the "Wow! She's Quieted Down Now!" factor of anytime i change oil?..the amsoil seemed even quieter...shifting seems just a tad slicker..just...better somehow..so is it my imagination or the sticker shock of amsoil? ??? :laugh:

i dunno...but i like it. :laugh:

we have dyno test,road,and drag test the oil,run samples and at 6k miles on a true street used bike oil still well within our spec... we won't attest to nothing we don't have experience with EVER... :beerchug:

we have dyno test,road,and drag test the oil,run samples and at 6k miles on a true street used bike oil still well within our spec... we won't attest to nothing we don't have experience with EVER... :beerchug:

wow!...that's great to hear! :thumbsup:

thanks fer shar'in results GC! :bowdown:

guess i can put less wear and tear on Orens fairings...and my old self...and?..as you say..

my wallet! :cheerleader:

SOOO, this is just Amsoil full syn. 10w-40 ?

I've been using Mobile 1, and was getting ready to do my first oil change by myself this weekend, or next. I guess I'll give this a try.

Thanks for the heads up !!

From a hands on Perspective (I am in the Business) ALL Synthetic oil are basically the same. However, AMSOIL does provide Better Protection under Extreme Loads compared to the Others. I Run AMSOIL on all my Bikes and Cars. The only oil that Protects Better than AMSOIL is Pennzoil ULTRA Synthetic for Autos. This Oil was designed for the Higher End Autos.

Same here.I only run Amsoil in everything i own.Even used there 2 stroke mix.But i only do 1 oil and filter change per year on my Busa.Why waste the money on a premium synthetic to change it out in 3000 miles.U gotta be crazy.:rofl:

must be contagious............I just bought 2 new tires off line at derbycycles,,and in the box was a amosol oil catalog with everything that had and they wanted me to be a dealer too,,,,LOl,,,,wow,,,they get around,,,,,,I enjoy changing my own oil,,and some may call it wastefull but I dump mine every 1000-1500 miles,,,ive done that all all my bike that ocassionally i run hard,,even in my old hotrods[superbee;s;mustangs]...to me if Im banginging on it,, the viscosity isnt going to last 3000 miles,,,,but in my grocery getters,,i change at 3000

Back