i have no rear signal lights! help!

violence

Registered
i recentlly bought an 03 busa which didn't have any rear signal lights... the front left works but the front right doesn't... i haven't opened it up yet to see but i'm sure it's just a loose connection... now as far as the rear signal lights.. i was told by the previous owner he removed the wiring harness for the rear signal lights.... when he installed the tiger tail...

so here i am and looking for advice... i already got a ticket for it and looking for some way to install new one's ect... after market? is there anyway to use the rear brake light? or a link to a schematic or service manual link.... just throwing out some ideas... maybe i can run new wiring for it and have some aftermarket one's installed in the rear.....if anyone has any input i'd appreciate it.. thanks.. looking to tackle this.. this comming weekend

Have fun and post back your results.

beerchug.gif

Violence -
Here is what I suggest you do -
Take off the black inner fairings (the ones between around the guage. You will need to loosen the the three screws on the upper (nose) fairing and pull the two plastic "pop" rivets on the inside of the screen. In addition you will need to remove three screws on the inners themselves, 1 on either side of the tank and 1 just forward of the tripple tree. After removal, check to see if there are any damaged/ dangling wires, especially on the right side. To remove the bulb socket, simply find the base of the socket and twist it out, check the bulb and socket for good contact....

As far as the rear lighting, a good idea might be to try to post some pictures of your tail are so we can see what you have back there and what you don't...

Let us know!

I agree you should post pics so we can see what you're working with.

Depending upon what you want to do, you could install a new undertail or you could connect some aftermarket signals.

and another from inside... this is the tiger tail which is just what you see a thin aluminum sheet... the only thing that's between the power commander and the rear tire.... let me know what you think are my options... thanks again

DSC00066.JPG

Any luck with the front right signal?

haven't had a chance to work on this yet.... i had car troubles... one of the bolts for my rear driver side caliper felll off!!! the caliper bolt of one side somehow fell off and the calier was rubbing against my rim... no big problem just had to find another bolt from... car issue resolved...

now back to the taillights... i found this taillight on ebay and the description reads that it need the power wire from each rear signal lights to power the taillight and operates the signals from the brake light.. .sounds like this would be ideal... i downloaded the pdf and can see some of the wiring... tomorrow i will open some stuff up and look but i was wondering if anyone has a pic of exactly where the power wiring for the rear turn signals originates.. is this at the relay on the triple tree? i could then just run two wires to the rear and wire to the taillight... magic... turn signals right?? anybody have an experience with these tailights... thanks again guys...

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Smoked-Hayabusa-1300-Busa-LED-Tail-light-Suzuki-18S_W0QQitemZ160048953901QQihZ006QQcategor
yZ35580QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">hayabusa tailight ebay link</a>

thanks for the reply.. yeah.. i'm looking more at the integrated turn signals more than the clear tail lights..from what i understand these are a hybrid oif both? on the picture it shows the left side and right side of the tail lights as a signal light right? so i figure if i can find out where the relay is or where i can run 2 wires (one for the left and 1 for the right signal) i should be ok and won't mess up the cleaner look in the rear... atleast that's the plan... will this not solve my issues you think? thanks again

ok here's the latest... just took off the panels and come to find out.... there is not right front turn signal!!!!! so this explains why it's not working... just got a few prices and looks like the socket is 15 bucks and the bulb another 2 or so.... so i'll be ordering these... i traced back the wiring for the right side and swapped it with the left which works... so i should be able to just splice in the right side and problem solved....

now comes the next question.... i already ordered the intergrated rear taillight/turnsignal.... and i'll be needing the power wires for the rear turnsignals to wire them in.... question is i don't see any harness's loose back there... or in the front... can i just splice into the power wires for the front turnsignals.. since i know where they are...and run them to the back? thanks again mc mustang... followed your instruction for the panel removal... got them off right away...
beerchug.gif

I wouldn't splice into the fronts unless I had no other choice. Spend the extra time to find the rear wires where ever they are or spend the time to rewire the rear appropriately. Don't open your bike up and try to perform a quick fix, you'll regret it later. Take your time and smile after you finish up, knowing it's a job well done!

I've got the integrated Clear Alternatives taillight and it's everything they claim it to be. They are bright & visible both in daylight and dark conditions. Installation (if wiring exists) take about 45 minutes. You won't be disappointed.

Where in Texas are you? I'm just outside of Dallas, myself and we have a fair amount of Texas riders here on the boards across the state. If you need a hand, another set of eye's, or another thinking cap - feel free to ask. If you're in someone's area, I'm sure one of us will head on over. Don't forget to post up your questions and more importantly pics of the results (we love pictures).

beerchug.gif

Back