I have decided to "pack it in"

I'm one of the 99% that appreciates all that you have done for the ORG. I do understand the amount of work it is to do what you do as a mod. Please take care of yourself. Work on your health. Find some peace and hopefully some rest.

This place will be here anytime you want to stop by and say HI! (Though, it may be a bit empty for a while)
sad.gif

Good luck RSD!

To Andy, although I am relatively new, you welcomed me warmly and provided major information, encouragement, and inspiration to me. Hell, I read your initial post outloud and my wife was like "WTF? How sad!" And I agree. I am sure there are numerous ppl on here much closer to you that would be able to honestly tell you NO ONE else on this board could fill your shoes like you have. Sure someone could post some auctions, or pull out the ban-hammer, or display such a great amount of professionalism and tact when dealing with a potentially sensitive situation, but I dont know anyone that could put all those together like you have. I am stunned, absolutely in shock, seriously. This is a big blow to the board and its future!

well rubb I think you not only did a lot of great things for the board and its members but you personally restored my trust in the org.
Take a break and get healthy for yourself and your family, that is more important then anything, or any message board.

Andy,

I won't question your reasoning, as we have talked about these issues on the phone before. I'll just say that you'll be missed, and if/when you decide to return, you will be welcomed home again.

Take care Andy
biggrin.gif
If you're ever near Milwaukee Wisconsin and need a place to stay, give me a shout. The door is always open.

Jim

I have not been a member for all that long, but from what I have seen you have done a damn good job. Sorry to see you go,
Barbara

well shid... I gotta say we havent always seen eye to eye....but I've always respected you for what you do and how you motivate folks. There's a special person that can do that, and well Rub, yer special
wink.gif
.... and not the short bus kinda special for all you bastids that are twistin words
tounge.gif
You managed to bring folks together on many issues. You rallied folks to donate in excess of at least $15,000 over the past year for various things, most of the time for people they have never and will likely never meet in person.

Yeah you are an ole bastid, but thats what makes you you
cool.gif
I can tell you from experience that you cannot let a few folks drive you away.. then they win. As I recall there's two folks 'round here that are allowed to win with you... thats the housemouse and Capt.
wink.gif

Take time for your health, do what you need to do for yourself and dont fight us when we want to reach out and help you
tounge.gif
You've done a lot for a lot of folks, you've helped others see the value in being a standup kinda person and honestly I believe others have changed their ways because of your motivation/leadership.

Get well and come back you ole bastid
cool.gif

PS I was on here today to tell Capt I have access to getting some autographs from the NY Jets team. I was gonna offer to have a person's favorite player's autograph auctioned and put towards the RSD fund
cool.gif
So Capt, PM me and let me know if you are interested in doing that auction
smile.gif

wink.gif

tounge.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

I thank you for your time here. You helped to keep the board a generally happy place. Thanks to Vabusa too. She helps keep the same positive atmosphere alive here on the board. You both have your differences in how you see the board best moderated, but you share the same common goal of keeping the board alive and poistive. Thanks to BOTH of you.
Andy, I hope you're going to stick around at least as a poster. If karma were a payment for your efforts on this board you'd be healed tomorrow. Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery--JT

RSD, sorry your leaving, but you know better than the rest of us whats best for you. God speed on a complete recovery. Doctors don't know everything, put your trust in God, and remember. "The strongest tree in the forest is the one that bends." Bend but don't break my Brother.

Peace and Good Will to you and yours...
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|321CYA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155186058 -->

man I don't come around for a couple of days and come back on whew Man Rub I hope you don't go I've always liked your attitude,clever wit, and you've always been great to me, I wish you would stay but you have to do whats best for you, If you stay GREAT, but if not keep in touch onerabidshark@yahoo.com best wishes Ricky

man I don't come around for a couple of days and come back on whew  Man Rub I hope you don't go I've always liked your attitude,clever wit, and you've always been great to me,  I wish you would stay but you have to do whats best for you,  If you stay GREAT, but if not keep in touch onerabidshark@yahoo.com   best wishes Ricky
+1
Dang Rubb this sux . But a man has to do what is best for him and his own family . I might not know you as good as others but what i do know is I have no complaints. You have scolded me like others when i first came here and that is what your job was or is which ever you decide . I will always think of you as a friend and not just as a mod .If you need me for anything my new email is BusaSamurai@yahoo.com. Dont hesitate to ask . Just take care of yourself and yours .And i hope everything works out for the best in the end.... And i still want a Drink in that shot glass . So If your ever in Georgia and need a place to stay just let me know . Maybe I can visit the great up north one day. Have Fun and Peace out.
Maurice

Can't handle this anymore. Its no fun. I know...why dont I just skulk away instead of posting about. Well,I have unfinished business here. Guys like ......will be along shortly to stain me and add their 2 cents about how I have quit before.

I would appreciate it if all those who were the winners on my auctions for Pipefighters baby, and BV (my heart feels for that guy) could hurry those funds along ASAP. That way I can clean up and be done.

I will forward the funds that belong to Nathan(Pipefighter) tomorrow.

I will forward the funds that belong to James(BV) tomorrow as well,to a trustworthy person here on the board.

All funds that come in later will also get forwarded.

I will give a trusted member control over my Paypal account(provide them the password) then they can see that any funds that come in late will be properly dealt with. After a month or so,I will close the account.That way nobody can question my integrity and honour.

I'm tired and beat down. My brain re-hab is not going as well as I hoped. I have a hard time controlling my anger.I will probably never ride again. I have injuries that are permanant.I was told last week the damage to my vision is not from eye muscle damage as was hoped,there is damage in the pathway in the brain. Actual brain damage.I have other set backs aswell...but won't bore you.

I attempted to do my best,for what I often referred to as "My Members" but in some folks eyes,that just isn't good enough.Petty bickering over things like too many stickies in Random has finally taken its toll.

I felt I did a good job in helping my friend Doug/The Captain with getting the board out off the hole it was in left by the former Admin. Some folks told me they feel I may have single handly saved the board. I appreciate that.

I have run many fund raisers to help the board and its members,and for that I feel proud.

Many have urged me not to quit,saying things like nobody can do it better,nobody has helped or cared as much as I have,and that the place just wont be the same without me.To those folks,I say,THANK YOU.

There has always been disgruntled folks who saw my ways as harsh. Michelle (VaBusa) has recently voiced her concerns of my choice to ban members here and there. My "style" can be seen as harsh. I used the banning as a little wake up call. The Captain himself used to ban me weekly,even as an' Admin and Moderator. I found it helpfull. I've pulled members aside and offered them friendly advice,and they went on to become great members. BentValve for instance. He posted some nasty stuff here and there. I whispered in his ear one day,and overnight he became a valued member. So valued that I spent a great deal of my time attempting to help him.I feel good knowing that I helped.

I guess in the end the Trolls and Potstirres win. I give up.I have never asked for help,never asked for thanks. All I ever wanted was to help. I wish I could have just been left alone to run my auctions and fund raisers without the interjection from some board members fukkin crying about to many stickies in Random. I will never understand that.

No saint here either. Said alot of shiddy things in the past.Don't want forgiveness or understanding. The board has evolved thou...and with it, I evolved. I became less of an azzhole. Well...a little bit less. Guess I was hoping that the folks who disliked me in the past could just let go and get over it.

In the end I hope someone steps up and does a better job than me. There's apparantly lots of RSD HATERS out there.Perhaps one of them will step forward and provide the kind of help and support that I have tried to provide.

I've answered 240+ PM's in the last 7 days. Many emails too.I felt members deserved good service even thou this is not a "pay site".  Its just the way I do things. I hope you get the same kind of help from whoever takes over. I really feel that 99% of the folks on here are entitled to great service.

Someone will be along shortly to say shiddy things like this is not the Matrix,its only a website etc. But they are also the first to freak when the board is down for a day.

Met alot of cool people on here,20 + of them in person,good folks.

Best site on the planet in my opinion.

Don't be too harsh on the ones who will come in this post and stain. They are not worth your energy. I'm sure lots of the Rubb haters will be along shortly to say good riddance.
Ignore them if you can. I guess thats my problem,my busted brain has a hard time over looking the crummy posts.

I wish all the members the best of luck,hope you ride safe,and long live Hayabusa.Org  

RSD.
Don't let things get to you Rub.....there's so few haters and so many good folks that have appreciated you here as a board member and friend. It sounds like this might be just the time you could use us the most, let folks return some of the kindness you've shown members in need, and board members in general. Sometimes things can seem pretty bleak.....but thats just the moment, and most of the time they will get better. Try and keep the faith in your situation and the board
wink.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

If you do need to take a break...remember you WILL be missed.

Back