Busa family help....

J'Man

Registered
Lately we've had a couple of members on the board that are going through some really difficult times. I like to think of us all as family (although we don't always agree with each other just like family). I would like to propose that we start up a fund to help members here that are in true need. I'm not sure how all of this would work (looking for some feedback), but I'd be glad to devote my time to try and help organize it. I would also be willing to put in the first $100 to get it started.

What does everything think? You can give whatever you can, as often as you like. Funds would be sent to members that are in financial trouble. We'd have to get some of our really resourceful members (not naming any names) :whistle: to help us check any IRS regulations to ensure we don't break any laws, but it would be nice to help those that would accept the help.

Your heart seems to be in the right place. I am not sure how you could manage something like this. The org. big an huge but I think there are lot more have not s an than have's in the state the current economy is.

Your heart seems to be in the right place. I am not sure how you could manage something like this. The org. big an huge but I think there are lot more have not s an than have's in the state the current economy is.

Where there's a will there's a way. It can be quite amazing how things add up even if people only give a couple of dollars. With as many board members as we have it wouldn't take much to build up a fund rather quickly (kind of like a petty cash fund).

Come on everyone we can do this! :cheerleader:

Good intent and meaning. Though there is another thread or post on this already on this in the forums, just cant seem to find it...Captain would be the best to ask about posibilities...do a search on the thread...lot of mixed receptions due to the fact of responsability and funds...i think in the end it was concurred that the org and its members always come together and help out as they can (parts and spares) to the point where there is a happy outcome without the formal establishment of a fund and the implications with it...id be all for it, BUT its a huge resposibility and alot of pro cons and what not...

Well, here is a thread that I started on the subject a couple of years ago... I will search - there are a couple of others...
Donations Poll

Seeing as how 88 people have viewed the thread and only 3 or 4 have offered to help tells me there's not much interest in this. I hope everyone realizes I wasn't trying to take anything away from how the admins are handling things, they do a great job. I thought it would be good idea if we could keep some type of petty cash fund to help other members when needed (whether it was sending the family flowers for a death or illness, or financial assistance for crashes or those in desperate need).

Due to the lack of interest I will put it to rest and we can just continue to handle on a case by case basis.

Thanks anyway.

Back