I have a few questions... Please....

Ok I have a few stupid questions for the turbo guys. Ive built over 50 turbo cars,trucks,jeep etc I love it I hand make all my piping Turbo headers yada yada yada Long story short i dont buy kits i build them But when it comes to a bike im stumped #1 if you drove a car into my shop turboed with 13:1 compression i wouldnt touch it it is a ticking time bomb BUT also if you told me that you have a car with 13:1 on pump gas i wouldnt touch it either!!!LOL I love turbos I want to build one for my K8 and i would also like to build a small intercooled version. As far as turbo,header,piping exhaust,feedline,return line. Done not a problem.. Now here my headache lets say i want a 6psi set up i know the fuel pump cant handle it I THINK bc every kit comes with an external fuel pump. Can i use boost by smiths ecu editer so i can tune it and will the factory injectors flow enough without running them at 100 duty cycle? And i know before you say anything about psi i know 6psi on a 16g is no were near 6 psi on a 42R. But if i can get a start on it get it going and working like i like it im pretty sure i can sell for under 2k so all my brothers and sisters can be boosted TOO!!

2K for a turbo kit, that price sounds unreal and unbelievable. Good luck with the job, add some pics as you fab and build it. I am sure our resident turbo guru's will comment shortly :thumbsup:

Sounds like "Ghetto" territory to me.

It all depends on the turbo, wastegate, materials used, and what your fab time is worth.

Don't take the "Ghetto" comment in a bad way. Back in the day there was a guy that went by "Motorhead"; his name was Dennis. He offered a kit called the Ghetto Kit. It was bang or the buck pretty dang good. Unfortunately he fell victim to his own moniker.

To put it in perspective Dennis would do a liquid to air intercooled setup with all needed parts for 4500; while using a quality turbo.

Kits can be built cheaper. Stedman Racing is an example. However Stedman uses a chinese built turbo to shave costs.

I fab turbo systems for all my own rides, however as I'm not planning to make a business of this; I purchased a kit from RCC.

I could have made it myself cheaper. But to produce the kit and resell; I would have a hard time doing with the quality that I received while shaving a few hundred off. My time is worth more than that.

I wish you the best of luck with it. Being a business owner myself and having been a sponsor and/or moderator on many forums; you should refrain from fishing for business on a forum until your sponsorship is complete.

I understand were you are coming from crawler. But i never said i was going to make a business out of turboing busas I figured that i would build mine bash on it for 6 months. If it held up to the test i will let you know.Im not Knocking RCC But you are paying for there R&D.. To me if you ride a busa your family and its the same way here at home. Ive had 11 guys want to know when in going to start turboing my busa B\C they want one. But im sorry if i offended anybody including the sponsors.

Greg Smith(Boostbysmith)is an excellent guy to deal with, and he has and knows turbo bikes.
Frank at Powerhouse cycles is also a turbo guy and member here.
If I were you I'de talk to both of them, they should easily answer any question you have.:beerchug:
:welcome:There is a wealth of information on this site.

... But if i can get a start on it get it going and working like i like it im pretty sure i can sell for under 2k so all my brothers and sisters can be boosted TOO!!

If you were building a turbo for "your" bike I am sure you would get help from the men that have experience and even done the R&D to help you on your way when you get to a sticking point. However, you said you want help building a turbo so you can sell it to others. That is $$ possibly taken away from men who "sell" turbo packages as the means to make their living. You may not get answers that will help you in your build.

I think it is fun to create something like your trying to do so I hope we hear on your progress, best of luck. :thumbsup:

Back