Another Gen 2 psi question

hotreef

Registered
I have a Gen 2 with custom turbo kit, bov, wastegate, 16g turbo etc. If I have the motor slightly built valves, springs, space plate and studs. What's my psi limit?

Next question is with these small turbos, they create a lot of back preasure and the external waste gate will open early? My 3.75 spring came in at 1 psi and the 8.75 spring came in at 5.5-6 psi. or is this just spring wear and tier?
Posted via Mobile Device

I was hoping a little more. But definitely a good start. If I was looking to get to the 300HP mark guessing 10-12 psi on pump gas what would I have to do? I here the stock pistons and rods are good till 300HP.
Posted via Mobile Device

7-8 psi i would say on pump fuel

I agree with Greg - keep it under 10 pounds of boost for sure. As far as your wastegate is concerned, 16Gs come stock with internal "flapper" style wastegates. If you have an external gate that is blowing off early, something is very wrong. My guess would be the gate - specifically the valve itself and the seat for the valve - were not set up correctly. But then again, I could be wrong!:laugh:

300 hp on pump gas i would say water injection and some very good tuning, ignition retard, and very good luck, or an intercooler. or some partial mix of race fuel

Thanks. I think I will just stick with the 8 psi. I will have to take the waste gate apart. Is that something I can see or will I only see if that was the problem after I put it back together and run it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Back