Turbo fuel pump/pressure regulator question

HayabusaPilot

Registered
Is it possible to use the in-tank fuel pump/regulator to run a stage 1 turbo? I had a Hahn stage 1 on my 2007 and had vapor lock issues (Arizona) in the summer or at altitude. I am looking to turbo a 2001 I recently purchased, is it possible to modify the pump check valve to allow for 100 psi ( the Suzuki manual states the stock pump check valve opens at 64-85 psi) and use the regulator in the tank to avoid the heat issue and all the fuel line installation? Perhaps an aftermarket pump could be put in tank if the stock can't be modified? The turbo system I would like to run would be a 225-250 rwhp set up with two exhaust (stock appearing) cans, probably Two Brothers cans. Also looking to try a different brand of turbo, the Hahn lasted almost 80,000 miles, but the headers did give up in the end. Thanks for any help.

There's a pump out that Rcc sells that will work in tank and support close to 400hp. However you'll still need to run an external regulator. If you interested pm me for pricing.

Thanks! The RCC pump replaces the stock pump but return is still from the regulator then? So no vapor lock issues and less fuel line routing would be the result...right?

QUESTION GENTLEMEN??? I'm mounting my 044 pump in the rear wheelwell like murdereredout suggested. If the pump is mounted about 8" above the fuel outlet fitting under the tank, am I going to have a problem? I'm hearing that the pump does not suck at all. If the level of fuel in the tank gets very low, will the fuel be sucked up by the pump? Thanks in advance...

I never suggest pumps to be mounted in the wheel well as it's higher then the bottom of the fuel sump. However I do suggest mounting them underneath where the battery sits if you have an aftermarket swing arm. If you had a stage 1-2 pump you could use the Rcc relocation bracket.

But yes being mounted that high will cause it to suck air once the fuel level gets below the lowest point on the pump.

Last edited:
On a 044 you can mount it anywhere that pump will suck it.mine is in the hump area way above the sloped tank .NO problems.

would running a flow-through fuel rail and a return system cure the vapor lock issues? fuel should be flowing all the time and would never sit long enough to heat up..

MURDEREDOUT07...I'm sorry for the misunderstanding Sir. You're right, that's what you said. I wonder if I can just buy the relocation bracket? Do you know of anyone that sells them without the pump? I wonder if that big pump will fit down there?

Maybe I'll just buy the Pump and the bracket together and sell my 044...I think I'll talk to Frank from Powerhouse.....:yes:

Icemansid , when the pump get air/vapor it cannot make enough pressure to push the air passed the regulator
if it were a open line it would clear easily
I like the RCC pump mount, in the unlikely event it got hot enough to make vapor it would self clear as any vapor would rise in the supply line back into the tank

Back