What fuel pump for '03

spawneng

Registered
What are my options for fuel pumps on my '03 busa. the earlier models had a inline pump but mine is in the tank. Are there any mods or aftermarket regulators that can be used? What psi can the stock pump handle?

thanks

Are you talking about a pump for a turbo system? If so, NO WAY will your stocker suffice. Ninja Eater has the best info on fuel pumps...

If you are talking Turbo... Go with a T-Rex fuel pump. Pushes enough for a 550hp Mustang and will work great with the bike. Lots of options depend on your setup. Give us more specs.

I am looking at a mr turbo kit that is off of a older busa, for my '03 busa. It comes with a external pump. I was just wondering what happens to the stock pump(it is in side the tank) since the older bikes pump is already external?

thanks

<!--EDIT|spawneng
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079230616 -->

You can just leave the in tank pump where it is and put on the external and run it off that.

You can just leave the in tank pump where it is and put on the external and run it off that.
I was told that is a bad idea...   I honestly don't know for sure, but I was told remove it or gut it (the stocker).

Double check because I am not positive either. I never had any problems, but some things may have been done that I don't additional. It is not operative so that is the same thing I would think. Someone else can give a confirmation.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079890638 -->

That is a good price.  Figure that that pump is the smae pump used in 550hp Mustangs and more.
NE, I know you have told me a few times, but doesn't T-rex also make that fuel rail you run?  Also, what was the deal with the flow being better in the new fuel rail?

Thanks
I had a fuel rail made for me out of solid alum. The flow on the design was almost double. Less resistance against the flow, just very straight.

It was designed my Carlito Rodreges (TDC) in South Florida I have seen quite a few different ones now on the market. As a matter of fact when I went to bigger injectors I had to modify the rail a little so the injectors would fit snug. I think to be honest with a T-Rex even going through the stok rail is fine. The mod fuel rail may be a little over kill. Seems to work fine though. Here is a shot of the fuel rail before it was installed. It is just sitting on top of the plennum.

blowme.jpg

TREX does the job but is the expensive route.

Bosch makes many pumps.

# 9 580 233 004 should fill your requirements.(that'll be a #e2000 pump at Autozone) $72

OR

Accel makes a pump also.

I've used the bosch before on a hahn kit. Works fine for 8psi but I never pushed it beyond that.

as for an upgraded rail. The stock rail willl out flow the injectors. If you get into much bigger injectors(ie: S2000's) I'd definitely budget for a rail upgrade.

btw since you mentioned dealing with your stock pump.

Basically you stock pump "feeds" from the fuel pump sump plate located at the very bottom of the pump. You can gut the pump BUT you don't hafta.

you need to install a fitting in the pump sump plate. Somebody i am sure has a photo to show you how OR I'll trade you a modded pump for your stock pump. It's off an '01 so it should work without a hitch OR you can have a new plate made BUT that will eliminate your fuel guage.

Back