I HATE #@@ Crooks; attempt to defraud Houston TX

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
I hate with all my being thieves....

We just caught someone trying to defraud us out of approx $1600; he had 3 credit cards (one in TX, NJ and CO) with COMPLETE information (number, address, ccv code, exp date); wanted us to UPS ship to an address in Houston (I google earthed the address pic below). This exact stunt has now been tried 3X; the first time it cost us $8K but I caught it the second time.

Called CC company notified gave them all the info so the could go cancel these cards.

The Secret Service doesn't want it because it's too small an amount. I can't publicly say what I'd like to do...

Capture1.jpg

For all the money that the government collects, are they gaining ground on any crime? Drugs?, Scams?, White Collar, Bank robberies, robberies by banks, major illegal activities of all sorts? Heck I heard about a conveinence store getting robbed the other day:lol: Might be better just to invoke the "needed killin" approach, weed them out.

I'm confused? Somebody with a stolen credit card tried to buy something with it and ship to a different address from what the card is registered to?
What is the pic supposed to show? A person inside one of those businesses could have wanted something no?

Ya I hate crooks, but im lost as to exactly whats going on here, if the cards are legit why cant he use them, mayb he just hasnt updated the address? ??:laugh: seriously tho I am lost?

I'm confused? Somebody with a stolen credit card tried to buy something with it and ship to a different address from what the card is registered to?
What is the pic supposed to show? A person inside one of those businesses could have wanted something no?

Yes. The pic was to the address the buyer, stating this was his company address, wanted it shipped to.

Ya I hate crooks, but im lost as to exactly whats going on here, if the cards are legit why cant he use them, mayb he just hasnt updated the address? ??:laugh: seriously tho I am lost?

Because they are not HIS CARDS (not his name on the card).

The POS actually called back this morning...he sure did a lot of backpeddling and contradicting himself when we told him we caught him. Told him the Secret Service had his phone number and would be contacting him shortly :)

Charlie, the address is a pickup/shipping point. Thieves typically go in and rent an address, and pick up packages shipped there.

Back