I finally scraped my peg!!

Hey Charles!!

Good job on the peg!!

btw, what did you want to borrow my grinder for this last weekend?

wow.gif

j/k

biggrin.gif

Well Ron, atleast he can't be mad at ME for ratting him out!
LOL

I took the Busa out to Buttonwillow a few months back. On the last turn.. Sharp left... I kept scraping my peg soo bad I took the fucken feeler off!. I noticed the feeler on the left side is so much longer than the right side.

After taking off the feeler I was leaning the bike much more...

Did not scrape anything after that.. but was afraid of scraping the plastics as I was so low.

Fun stuff...

Plan on going to Willow Springs next month. I hope to scrape my knee!

;)

Hey.. your in SoCal too... We should ride.

ROYZGSX

There are a few of us down here in So Cal Royz. CB and I are hoping to hit Buttonwillow this year too. I went twice last year and I just love that track! It would be nice to go before it gets too hot, but we may have to wait until fall when it cools down again. Also, CB is pretty much the local ride pimp, so keep your eyes peeled for his posts!
tounge.gif

gotta take the curb feelers off THEN scrape it...

and come to think of it.. how many people here still have them on their bikes?
rock.gif

I took the Busa out to Buttonwillow a few months back.  On the last turn.. Sharp left... I kept scraping my peg soo bad I took the fucken feeler off!.  I noticed the feeler on the left side is so much longer than the right side.

After taking off the feeler I was leaning the bike much more...

Did not scrape anything after that.. but was afraid of scraping the plastics as I was so low.

Fun stuff...  

Plan on going to Willow Springs next month.  I hope to scrape my knee!

;)

Hey.. your in SoCal too... We should ride.

ROYZGSX
Keep an eye out in the Geographicn Riding Areas forum. I do post a lot of rides in there. I plan to ride a lot this summer.

There are a few of us down here in So Cal Royz. CB and I are hoping to hit Buttonwillow this year too. I went twice last year and I just love that track! It would be nice to go before it gets too hot, but we may have to wait until fall when it cools down again. Also, CB is pretty much the local ride pimp, so keep your eyes peeled for his posts!
tounge.gif
local ride pimp
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

gotta take the curb feelers off THEN scrape it...

and come to think of it.. how many people here still have them on their bikes?
rock.gif
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

Good point Bri! I was thinking the same thing. Should probably do that to my own pegs...

Of course im alive... i left a message on your phone yesterday. evidently ur out playing and not working.. lol

I got it, meant to call ya back...give me a ring when you are in an area with decent reception....

You haven't cleaned that thing since our ride in Feb.!? Nice job on the peg scrapage though, hard to believe knowing how hard you ride! Peace out!

I changed my pegs out on my R6 back in the day to keep them from dragging in everycorner. I have a pair of boots in my closet from back in those days where the soles are worn off at the toe area from dragging as well. My question are yall doing this on stock tires or stickies? I really wouldn't want to go anywhere past the feelers if I was on stock ####, they just don't have the grip. Stickies on the other hand I will push a bike over until my knee drags.

Good job! Be careful you maniac!
No time to wash the bike since you've been riding so much.

I changed my pegs out on my R6 back in the day to keep them from dragging in everycorner. I have a pair of boots in my closet from back in those days where the soles are worn off at the toe area from dragging as well. My question are yall doing this on stock tires or stickies? I really wouldn't want to go anywhere past the feelers if I was on stock ####, they just don't have the grip. Stickies on the other hand I will push a bike over until my knee drags.
I agree, stock tires are too hard.

I use Dulop208s, Metzler M1s, Pilot Powers, Diablo Corsas, etc.. whichever running a better deal.

I don't run track tires since its very hard to warm them up on tight roads and they're not cheap.

Charlesbusa, remove them with a good quality wrench (box end to be safe). You should see that they're slightly bent now. Hence, you'll need a good quality wrench (snap-on, Matco, MAC, Cornell, etc....) to not round it.

Back