I did it...and OMG....I finally got my...

Congrats & welcome aboard
beerchug.gif

Congrats and welcome to the board.
biggrin.gif

Your not going to break the grab bar....unless maybe your goin' to try to tow your boat with it
laugh.gif

Man...all you guys are great...

Actually, I already have all the gear I need...I just need to break in this baby...and Now I am really confused as to how to break her in???

Hard and fast, nice and easy, mid range???

Ugggg....I suppose I can do a hard and fast every now and then...But just to let you guys know, I got a great deal and got a 3 year warranty with unlimited oil changes and 2 full services a year...so I can change the oil every day if I wanted...LOL
Nice deal on the warranty you got there.

The first 500 miles is a #####. It took me over two weeks to get there. I had forgotten how much I hated breaking in my last new bike. Hell I still need to take it for the first servicing.

Good luck with your bike and have fun.

Congrats on the new bike, great color
biggrin.gif

The 5k rpm limit should not be too hard to adhere to.
Heck, that'll take about any car that you will come up against. ( except for a 1200HP Viper
blush.gif
) Besides, it'll give you a little time to get used to it.

Besides, it gives you MORE of an excuse to ride.

"Gee Honey, I HAVE to get it broken in you know"
laugh.gif

You are now a part of (what i think) is THE BEst boards around!!! You have plenty of support here. NOw.................................. let the mods begin!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

500 miles, thats a weekend. Don't worry about the time. As to how you break in, all I did was vary the rpms (a lot) and keep the thing running. Busa now has just under 24k on it and running strong as ever.

Congrats and what is a break in period? WTF? Drive it like you stole it!!!!
wink.gif

Congrats and welcome to the board. What color did you get? Where's the pics?
smile.gif

Welcome bro! Snap some pics.....we be lovin' them pics round here
face7.gif

Congrats on your new bike bro! I go two up pretty often.... and the only thing my friend cliungs on to under "flying" accelration of the busa is the rear grab handle! Dont you worry about it dude
wink.gif

Oh yeah, welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

I broke in my wife's GS500F like the link suggests. Take it up to redline then let it decelerate while you downshift to keep the revs up high. The backpressure that builds in the cylinder head while it's decelerating is the most important. You may never get past 2nd or 3rd gear. It isn't the speed that matters, it's the rpms.

First 20 miles is critical. Ride that fugger HARD. Should only take you an hour or so.

First oil change at 20 miles is also critical. Do it. It's mandatory.

Then ride it like you effing stole it.

Then change the oil again at 500 or 600 miles.

Keep riding it like you stole it!

And you'll be fine!

And ride it like you stole it forevermore! :-)

--Wag--

Back