I did it...and OMG....I finally got my...

elcid11

Registered
So yesterday, I bought the new 05 busa...and woot woot.

But now for some questions...

1. How sturdy is that rear seat handle? IE it won't break easy if a passenger yanks real good on it right?

2. I live in Beaverton, OR and want to meet up with fellow busa riders!!!! OK not a question but still.

Can't wait till the break in period is over woo hoo.

Pictures to come
smile.gif

Congrats on your purchase...and welcome!
cool.gif

No advice on the pillion seat...I ride alone...
smile.gif

He said Beaver.....ton.
tounge.gif

Just kiddin.
laugh.gif
Welcome to the group & post some pictures!!
cool.gif

Welcome to the site..... The grab rail is very strong ..I use it to lift my bike to lube the chain and set my lowering links ..

Concerning the rear handle I think it's real sturdy the wifey always grab the bar when I'm braking...She's an awesome passenger
blush.gif

P.S. Congrads and welcome!

Congrats! PICS, PICS, PICS....oh yeah and reflectors, stickers.......
Let the MODS begin!!!
biggrin.gif

Woah there skippy...already talking about moding my new baby...LOL

To be honest, I have been looking on this site for about a year now...and have always wanted a busa...and finally I just broke down and said, screw it. So now I have my baby and not sure exactly what kind of mods I even want...

I don't think I want to turbo her cause I hear that is bad for the engine. But some new pipes could be cool, so...???

I don't know. And I have been hearing a lot about removing the 6th gear limiter...but is that really neccessary???

Welcome to the site..... The grab rail is very strong ..I use it to lift my bike to lube the chain  and set my lowering links ..
I myself cant lift the bike with the grab rail...not that strong but i do use it to balance my bike so it should be good as it is attached to your subframe.

I use the grab bar to move my ass end of the bike around in the garage, and lift to do the chain. Very sturdy... Just make sure you do the hump mod.
biggrin.gif

Congratulations and welcome!! What color did you get? Great bike and a great bunch of people on here, as you probably know...
smile.gif

congrats man, and yah the handle is pretty secure, i had a fat chick on the back(i know against the rules) and she had to use it to pull her leg over the seat haahha man never again

I got the blue and white. And my god this thing is awsome. I just traded in a 91 ZX-11 and felt it was not powerful enough, hense the upgrade.

I will break out the camera a post some pics on here asap.

I still would like to get in touch with local riders.

1. How sturdy is that rear seat handle? IE it won't break easy if a passenger yanks real good on it right?

2. I live in Beaverton, OR and want to meet up with fellow busa riders!!!! OK not a question but still.

Pictures to come
smile.gif
As for break-in... CLICK HERE

The pillion grab bar is pretty dang sturdy. It bolts to the subframe. I can't imagine a passenger rippin' it off, even in a crash... even *IF* they kept their grip on it throughout the crash, which would be HIGHLY unlikely. I'm bettin' their grip would give out before that bar tore off...
wink.gif

And welcome to the board... and the obsession. Now post up some pics of your busa! :d

Oh man....Bullettrain, I just read that break in article and I am a little skeptical about break in now....has anyone ridden hard during their break in??? Just curious cause I don't want to break my baby...but I don't understand why the manual would say to break in easy...

Help, anyone!!!!!!!!

The pillion grab bar is pretty dang sturdy. It bolts to the subframe. I can't imagine a passenger rippin' it off, even in a crash... even *IF* they kept their grip on it throughout the crash, which would be HIGHLY unlikely. I'm bettin' their grip would give out before that bar tore off...
wink.gif

And welcome to the board... and the obsession. Now post up some pics of your busa! :d
ALL THIS from a guy who owns a ZX10... Go figure!
laugh.gif

wink.gif

ALL THIS from a guy who owns a ZX10... Go figure!
laugh.gif
Kinda like a crackhead telling you NOT TO SMOKE CRACK!!
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
ices_rofl.gif

laugh.gif

The grab bar is capable of doing exactly what its there for. Unless you don't tighten the bolts down it will hold. Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the board!

1. How sturdy is that rear seat handle?  IE it won't break easy if a passenger yanks real good on it right?

Pictures to come
smile.gif
As for break-in... CLICK HERE

wink.gif

If the grab rail breaks off its coming off with the subframe cause that baby is anchored down. Oh and welcome to the board, congrats and ride safe, 1st mod,,,,,, all new gear to go with your all new bike
wink.gif

wink.gif

Man...all you guys are great...

Actually, I already have all the gear I need...I just need to break in this baby...and Now I am really confused as to how to break her in???

Hard and fast, nice and easy, mid range???

Ugggg....I suppose I can do a hard and fast every now and then...But just to let you guys know, I got a great deal and got a 3 year warranty with unlimited oil changes and 2 full services a year...so I can change the oil every day if I wanted...LOL

Back