I can't take the XXXX forum anymore!

I guess they dont have 80 year old women give them thumbs up on the road. Cool but a little weird.

I went to Sears to look for tires for my car (blown tire). When I parked my bike there was a very enthusiastic woman with her walker attempting to hitch a ride on my bike. Her daughter was very embarassed... So was I... :eek3:

I don't know if that is a compliment or not... Why won't a young 20's blonde be that enthusiastic when I park...

I don't know... I too see nothing wrong with what was posted on the Gixxer forum. If I was going for a track day, my times would ultimately be faster on a 1K than the Busa but, what sold me on the Bus is the fact that, since the nearest track we have around here is 600 Kilometres away, and being 40 years of age, I can actually ride the Busa there and enjoy the rest of the weekend where as on a 1K, I would probably have to trailer it there and back to really enjoy the weekend.

Like I tell the people that ask me if they should get a Hayabusa... if riding around town and dragging your knee for an hour or two and then go and park for extended periods of time at the local hang out spot is your thing, get a 1K. If you have outgrown that (to a certain extent) and back road, scenic driving for days on end is more your thing, get the Hayabusa. The Busa will still carve the road but, it is not quite as nimble as a 1K. The real difference, for me, is that I can do it all day on the Bus and not have to worry about comfort.
Very well said!

"FAST" little boys ride gixxers!

"Slow" old men with grandchildren ride busas!

Just sayin! :rofl:

No grandkids, but definitely old! Lol!

The gixxer forums are hardcore man ,but it looked like most people gave their honest opinion about the Busa.

Post a pic of a stretched chromed 1000 over there and see what happens :laugh:

I went to Sears to look for tires for my car (blown tire). When I parked my bike there was a very enthusiastic woman with her walker attempting to hitch a ride on my bike. Her daughter was very embarassed... So was I... :eek3:

I don't know if that is a compliment or not... Why won't a young 20's blonde be that enthusiastic when I park...

Priceless. Hey old chicks need love too!:beerchug:

I owned a K6 Gix 1000 - widely acknowledged as the best of the current models.

It was a great bike, but I like my Bus more.

As others have said, the Bus is just so effortless.

Frankly, who cares what the clowns on Gixxer.com say...?

I was a member for about 2 days....I'm sure there are some nice people there, but they are outnumbered by idiots, alas...

I owned a K6 Gix 1000 - widely acknowledged as the best of the current models.

It was a great bike, but I like my Bus more.

As others have said, the Bus is just so effortless.

Frankly, who cares what the clowns on Gixxer.com say...?

I was a member for about 2 days....I'm sure there are some nice people there, but they are outnumbered by idiots, alas...

Well said, they are everywhere actually.
I'm intrigued as to why you say the 06 was/is the best? I had an 05 and if memory serves correct 05-06 were exactly the same,???

I just read the whole thing, and it looks like many of the posts are pretty well on target. The Busa is a large, heavy bike in comparison to the GSXR series bikes. Due to the weight and long wheelbase, a Busa is not capable of turning like a typical supersport bike. That's just basic physics and engineering. However, it is all-day comfortable, stupid-fast, and great at what it was designed to do.

I do disagree some as for I keep my busa setup for turns and have 50hp nos plus a crap load of other mods and have not had any problems smoking 1000's asses I have owned alot of bikes and sure this one is heavy next to the 1000 but I have way more power to make up for anything even if I need a little less speed through a turn as soon as I setup to come out of that turn youll crap your pants on how strong it is to the next one. I love both bikes just prefer to be more comfortable riding:moon::laugh:

A Busa just isn't capable of turning as well as a GSXR. Maybe you're a better rider than the guys who go up against you on GSXR's. You may destroy them in the straights, but each bike has different limits of grip and lean angle.

Keeping in mind that both bikes run similar tires, the Busa's longer wheelbase demands that it lean farther than a GSXR to achieve a given turn radius at a given speed. Having to lean farther brings weight and tire grip into play. The Busa loses in those areas too. There are other factors involved, but the Busa is at a serious disadvantage.

Mostly young kids on there with 600;s Ive been a member on there since 02 I think,i have like 100 post!!

you mention drag racing,chrome or anything like that they say stuff to You!!

Like I posted there,to each his own!!!!!

Even old people and little kids mouth the word HAYABUSA when Im riding mine!!!!the Busa is a Legand ahead of its own time and nothing like it!!!

i have been riding busas since they came out. I had a 99 and loved it. Thats why i now have another. I will say this on a true race track a busa will not win a race against a litre bike. It just isnt going to happen. I have ridden thousands on the track and my busa <99> and i couldnt get the same times i got on my 1000 no matter how hard i tried....and let me tell ya i tried. Neither could my good buddy who has been riding as long as me 30 years:)

Now that being said we have several really good twisty roads here in my area and there isnt a 1000 around who can even dream of keeping even close to me on them. So i say to each his own. You truely cant compare apples and oranges. The Busa is the KING of the road...no question there. But they just arent gonna cut it on the track. Fun...ya Tons of fun....just not for the serious racer.

Agreed if the riders are of equal ability. The busa does many things very well. Street cruising, drag racing, track days, touring, custom show bike etc. Not many bikes can make that claim. If you only can have one bike for whatever reason, it fits well into all categories.

Agreed if the riders are of equal ability. The busa does many things very well. Street cruising, drag racing, track days, touring, custom show bike etc. Not many bikes can make that claim. If you only can have one bike for whatever reason, it fits well into all categories.

hell ya it does. I wouldnt dream of riding a litre bike all the time. They are 2 damn small. Not comforable at all unless your under 6 ft tall and weigh nothing.

Sure I have seen guys on that crappy ninja 250 kick ass on the track but hey you guy's are forgetting something I said I ride on the street and so far I have not seen any 1000's lean any farther than me on the roads and if they do I am sure enough going to pass them as they are sliding on their side to the curb:laugh: Hayabusa is way ahead of it's time the name stands out as the bike. And a few mods it flies like no other:beerchug:

my latest bike is an 09 busa , traded in a 07 gsxr 1000 and an st1300 . been riding for 30+ years and the 1000 is the only bike to ever go in to a head shack,tried to control it, but put me in to a wall, 10 days in ICU ,never had that happen on a busa and this is my third one and and have had lots of sport bikes. Just saying, which one on the street is more controlled.

Last edited:
Well said, they are everywhere actually.
I'm intrigued as to why you say the 06 was/is the best? I had an 05 and if memory serves correct 05-06 were exactly the same,???

Yes - 05 and 06 were the same....in fact I liked the yellow 05 colour more...

:thumbsup:

Yes - 05 and 06 were the same....in fact I liked the yellow 05 colour more...

:thumbsup:

You are wrong, my friend... The '05 was the best! :moon:
And the Black/Gray was the best color! :moon:

Here's my old one....

Drive2.jpg

I joined up over there to see what it was all about, And since I have a 1000.

I owned a K6 Gix 1000 - widely acknowledged as the best of the current models...

You are wrong, my friend... The '05 was the best! :moon:
And the Black/Gray was the best color! :moon:

Actually, both of you are a bit off base. Suzuki made some sweet improvements in the 07-08 series. Improvements in power, power delivery, suspension and more! The 09 had some updates as well but the physical size deminished a bit making it less desireable to me.

Back