I can't take the XXXX forum anymore!

:beerchug:

one of the things about the Hayabusa is the to the Harley/cruzer croud, a sport bike is a sport bike and they don't know one from the other. but they ALL seem to know exactly what a Busa is, and that its the baddest fastest thing on 2 wheels! :laugh::whistle::cheerleader:

I don't really see what the problem is....

I hate the 300 kitted 'busa's as much as they do.

However, it is hilarious to see GSXR 1000 riders call anyone D-bags.....talk about "pot calling the kettle black".

Here's a great quote from one of the retards on that site:

"I am going to give it to you STRAIGHT. No beating around the bush, just straight out, and I can give you some facts to prove what I am saying too.

First, the Busa is a SPORT TOURER. Period. That takes it out of the slick handling deal that the GSX R series can do, and that is why you DO NOT see them on the ROAD RACE CIRCIUT. You will see Busa in anything that has ALL STRAIGHT LINE ACTION. Same for the Z-14.

We ain't talking about power, a lot of people get hung up with the power of the Busa, when a SV650 will run rings around it on the race track..

So, what kind of respect you looking for?

You go to the race track for a track day, out of 1000 bikes, you might see 3 or 4 busas. They will blast the straights, break way early, and park it in the curves. Period.."

Now, I'm the first to agree that the Hayabusa is not going to match a 1000cc bike as a dedicated racing machine. However, I know a couple of guys who have their Busas set up solely for track work and they would demolish most other guys on litre bikes.
A good rider on a Busa will beat the average squid on a 1000.

I rode my friend's Gixxer 1 for two weeks here in Japan with ZERO compliments from the Japanese crowd. When I ride my Busa all you see is "thumbs-up" or "bike tooo faast for island" comments from local Japanese guys.

I tried to keep it as real as I could in that GDC post,some(most)of the members there are 600 riding squids&havent a clue about any other bikes on the road since they've been riding for less than 3mos...I've owned my Gen1 since I bought it brand new in 2000 and have been arguing with people on that site since about the capabilities of the Bus..a skilled rider on a Busa is a force to be reckoned with and Ive shown countless GSXR,ZX,R1 etc riders my taillights on the mountain roads which Ive been riding on since '86...I hardly post on gixxer.com anymore&a lot of the old timers there have gone away due to the idiocy as well

Last edited:
You guys know, that busa's cant turn. And Sport Touring? Yes, great for 2-up knee draggin. :laugh:

Labor Day Hallett 014.jpg

Spring Eureka 2010 196.jpg

I don't know... I too see nothing wrong with what was posted on the Gixxer forum. If I was going for a track day, my times would ultimately be faster on a 1K than the Busa but, what sold me on the Bus is the fact that, since the nearest track we have around here is 600 Kilometres away, and being 40 years of age, I can actually ride the Busa there and enjoy the rest of the weekend where as on a 1K, I would probably have to trailer it there and back to really enjoy the weekend.

Like I tell the people that ask me if they should get a Hayabusa... if riding around town and dragging your knee for an hour or two and then go and park for extended periods of time at the local hang out spot is your thing, get a 1K. If you have outgrown that (to a certain extent) and back road, scenic driving for days on end is more your thing, get the Hayabusa. The Busa will still carve the road but, it is not quite as nimble as a 1K. The real difference, for me, is that I can do it all day on the Bus and not have to worry about comfort.

I am a member of that site due to once having a 750 and just recently logged back on to it. But most comments appear to be fairly accurate, I will keep my Busa as my primary bike as it is by far the best I have had and I have had over 45 years over 60 different kinds of bikes.

I am a member of that site due to once having a 750 and just recently logged back on to it. But most comments appear to be fairly accurate, I will keep my Busa as my primary bike as it is by far the best I have had and I have had over 45 years over 60 different kinds of bikes.

60 bikes in 45 years? :thumbsup:

That's impressive, even if I count in all my bicycles and another 10 years I won't even get close. :laugh:

60 bikes in 45 years? :thumbsup:

That's impressive, even if I count in all my bicycles and another 10 years I won't even get close. :laugh:

My wife makes me write them all down everytime I start looking at another bike. It is in the blood.

"FAST" little boys ride gixxers!

"Slow" old men with grandchildren ride busas!

Just sayin! :rofl:

I cant really say much... I'm a young guy and the busa suites me perfetly. I dont bend corners, I dont do wheelies or stoppys. I ride long distance, cruise and drag race of course.

Awwwwwwwwww, who cares what anyone else thinks ??? . They didn't buy me a bike, so what they think MEANS NOTHING :laugh: . Just like my Duc's, I LOVE'EM, but you can't compare them and what they are good at with the Busa or vice versa :beerchug:

I am actually surprised it got that much "respect."

I can't believe all of the snobbery that is in the motorcycle world. When I ride my Triumph Thruxton (cafe racer) - I get the nod/wave from all bikes. I ride the Busa, the nods/waves go down a bit on both sides - the sportbike gang and the cruiser gang.

Just a few days ago I seen two sportbikes, gave em a nod and they simply stared at me :dunno:

When I'm real bored I frequent sportbikes.net - according to those folks most squids and posers ride gixxers, and don't even talk about the Busa.

..I wanna be like the guy with 60 bikes over 45 years :thumbsup:

Oh well... rant over..

I am actually surprised it got that much "respect."

I can't believe all of the snobbery that is in the motorcycle world. When I ride my Triumph Thruxton (cafe racer) - I get the nod/wave from all bikes. I ride the Busa, the nods/waves go down a bit on both sides - the sportbike gang and the cruiser gang.

Just a few days ago I seen two sportbikes, gave em a nod and they simply stared at me :dunno:

When I'm real bored I frequent sportbikes.net - according to those folks most squids and posers ride gixxers, and don't even talk about the Busa.

..I wanna be like the guy with 60 bikes over 45 years :thumbsup:

Oh well... rant over..
What the hell is a squid?

really up till 7/10 pace a busa handles every bit as well as the litre bike,its just at race track speeds that it loses out.then throw in lots of bumps,like the roads we have up here in canada,and the 1000s are bouncing all over the road and my busa or 14 stay planted.i couldnt care less about a racetrack,just want something thats comfy and handles pretty well.i'm pretty sure that 95%of the riders on the gixxer couldnt drive a busa above its limit.

Back