I am soooo excited!!! Omg!!!

If you are really interested in getting into routing and switching. I have CBT Nuggets. They are videos of instructors teaching the courses.. these guys are the best. Here is a screen shot of everything that comes with it. Let me know if you want it and we'll figure out a way. Check on the left side of the pic for the different sections it covers. Basic IP addressing is found under Cisco, CCNA, Ip addressing course (which i pulled and played for you to see how they show it.

untitled.jpg

CBT is good stuff, I used them on Windows networking.. I just wish he got a bit more colorful on the dialog.. gets a bit monotonous...

well the guys are super nerds.. they get all excited and giggly about the technical stuff. Nerdiness is a price you pay for being the best, lol.

Ok lets go into IPv6 :rofl:

It's on my list of next things to learn. Taking my CCNA next week, then CCNP next month!... and technically, IPv6 is currently under the CCIE standards.. so i got a little while.. I just want to be one of the few that actually understands it.

It's on my list of next things to learn. Taking my CCNA next week, then CCNP next month!... and technically, IPv6 is currently under the CCIE standards.. so i got a little while.. I just want to be one of the few that actually understands it.
I spoke with a the man that was pretty instrumental in IPv4 and its development and asked him about IPv6 and its usage... "not any time soon in the USA" (I will have to find out his name but he headed up the IPv6 work as well, works a lot for the DOD)

We (USA) have the lions share of the IP's and so have a lot less need for IPv6 than say "CN"..

Want to work on my CCNE this year $$ cooperating..

study study study.. expect to fail the first time.. there is no replacement for working on switches and routers if you can. You can get older routers and switches on Ebay cheap to play with.

Did i mention study?

study study study.. expect to fail the first time.. there is no replacement for working on switches and routers if you can. You can get older routers and switches on Ebay cheap to play with.

Did i mention study?
I would be more motivated if my current work required access to the equipment... never thought about doing an ebay thing on some older stuff.. The upside is that one thing Cisco did was use some common sense in their design.. I helped a friend with his CCNE stuff and I was batting about 50% on the test..

ya.. i got lucky and got to stay in the Cisco world... but half of my job is satellite communications.. so i'm learning that too.. just a lot of stuff to keep in my head for this new job (3 months next week)

but for real.. if anyone wants the nuggets.. they're 20 gigs.. so i can mail them off on a hard drive (can't sell them for obvious reasons).. or let you copy them at the bash next spring (i'll probably have some updated ones by then..

it's all 1's and 0's :)

Test, what is this IP? And what class is it? and what should you set the default gateway to if it had a Subnet Mask of: 255.255.255.192 ?

11000000.10101000.01010101.01101010 ?

Is it 2.3.4.4????? j/k

Network: 192.168.85.65
IP: 192.168.85.106
Gateway: 192.168.85.66
Broadcast: 192.168.85.127

That is of course my math is correct. If not shoot me... :p

you didn't answer what class it was (C).
Ip is correct, network is correct, gateway is correct, and broadcast is correct. That gives me a nerdy warm and fuzzy that you answered it correct :)

Oh pooooo.... so I forgot the class..... Ill call it class P for pooo.. :) will that work???

Subnetting is something you have to just get used to... took me quiet a while to get the hang of it also.

heh.. i was networking before i learned the basics of what i was doing.. i wish i would have started at the beginning instead of backtracking.. but after 5 years of it.. i got the hang of it :)

I taught subnetting in my Network+ classes for several years... It was always fun watching the students 'get it'.

Ok lets go into IPv6 :rofl:

haha you beat me to it! I was gonna say "if you've got subnetting down it must be time for IPv6" :laugh:

I have no room to talk... I dropped out of Comp Sci in college rather than become fluent in bin, oct and hex. I'd be a rich woman if I'd stayed in. Oh well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back