I absolutely HATE the stock market ...

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
I am not very savy when it comes to the market. Approximately 12 years ago I put $8500 in an IRA with a company - WRL, in just a couple months it hit a high of $11,800+ :cheerleader: I thought this is great ...after that it tanked and has never been back above the original investment. It came close in 2006 but never quite made it :(

In early 2008 I had some $ from the sale of my house, every time I went to my bank, Wells Fargo the teller would say " Sir, you really should consider meeting with one of our investment advisors..." So I think ok Wells Fargo is solid ... fall of 2008 it hit the floor again. Last week I was only about $7K off from my original investment my number has been when I hit only $5k less then I am going to pull the plug ... well the past few days the market has been dropping again and today as you probly know it really took a dump! Worse than the 08 fall. I know they say you need to stay in for the long haul but I am so over it. I think I would have better luck in Vegas! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
Kento at least you did not get told you could not buy 100 shares of P&G stock to day when it crashed becasue they said it was a posting error ?

A what ?

It was around 43 and I was told anything under 56 was inaccurate ?

Huh excuse me ?

Now its back up.
Could have made a quick 2k , but noooooooooooooooooooooooo !
:banghead:

back in the day?..i made out on compaq, worldcom, ciena cable, and bellsouth...but got smoked on corel and redhat..then bailed...in '99..a year latter than i should've but...was still $7K up with an intial of $1500...(hey don't laugh..that was a lot of denaro back then. lol!)..and when i told the wife i had enough and that i was bailing?..she asked..."Whqatcha gonna do with the money?"...and i told'er...finally gett'in my stressed out azz back on 2 wheels!..she screamed "A MOTORCYCLE!"...and i said...

"yeah..i had one when i metcha and for the last 7 years this is the 1st time i've gone without a bike since i was 14 years old..i'm buying a motorcycle."

she forbid me to...told me i was no biker and the father of 3 daughters so had no business to return to one.

a week later i had a '00 model Kawi ZRX1100R (eddie lawson race replica) garaged..she didn't speak to me for a week..and i didn't miss her voice.

l8r, bill.

I refuse to put my money into anything where there is risk of losing it... I am very conservative with my savings... I put my money in CD's no risk but i still make a little, I know when I put it in what my yeild will be...

It's amazing how the rates have gone down, 20 yrs ago I was getting 10% interest on a 1yr CD.. We had some mature a few months ago and the rates are now 1.44%

Either way I'm guaranteed to make something and I never have to read the headlines on the news that the market crashed...

Doug

Guns & Gold and you will never go wrong...:laugh:

Dollar reached a 14 month high on the Euro today.
Would have been a good day to be a money trader.

Buy price on gold in the mid 12s....whew doggie...

I do 20% into guaranteed savings, pay the bills, and then the rest is play money. Goes to the Busa, vacation, toys, or stocks. Win some and lose some, never gamble what you are not prepared to lose, and always make sure your bottom line is protected.

you have to do alot of homework to be in the market - options can work well in a bull or bear situation but you have to monitor on a daily basis - and don't use your mortgage and bike payment money - that's a bad thing---

US treasuries is the way to go at the moment. With the potential collapse of the Euro, the US market is going to look like a winner by comparison.

I am not very savy when it comes to the market. Approximately 12 years ago I put $8500 in an IRA with a company - WRL, in just a couple months it hit a high of $11,800+ :cheerleader: I thought this is great ...after that it tanked and has never been back above the original investment. It came close in 2006 but never quite made it :(

In early 2008 I had some $ from the sale of my house, every time I went to my bank, Wells Fargo the teller would say " Sir, you really should consider meeting with one of our investment advisors..." So I think ok Wells Fargo is solid ... fall of 2008 it hit the floor again. Last week I was only about $7K off from my original investment my number has been when I hit only $5k less then I am going to pull the plug ... well the past few days the market has been dropping again and today as you probly know it really took a dump! Worse than the 08 fall. I know they say you need to stay in for the long haul but I am so over it. I think I would have better luck in Vegas! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Can't tell you what to do bro, but personally I think this is just a short pullback and a few days from now may be a good time to get in. Don't take responsibility for the advice though, being my disclaimer. As of yesterday, I am up about 19% since January, but I work the markets with fundamental and technical indicators.

I am not that stock market savvy myself. To make matters worse when I look at hubby's company, they aren't even in dollars, but pounds (British).

I did get a good laugh discussing this with my mom yesterday. She just turned 65 and is eligible for Medicare and Social Security. I asked her about where we (the country) is finding all this money to bail out and such; her reply was from her mcare and SS.

Can't tell you what to do bro, but personally I think this is just a short pullback and a few days from now may be a good time to get in. Don't take responsibility for the advice though, being my disclaimer. As of yesterday, I am up about 19% since January, but I work the markets with fundamental and technical indicators.

I sure hope so, I think folks like you who know and can work the market themselves via E trade or similar are in a much better position. And I think if I knew, understood and worked the market myself it would be better. Since I am not an expert or even know whats up with this I have hired experts and relying upon them has not worked out for me for the last 12+ years. I will get out of it and stick to something I understand and am better at.

As of this a.m. the dow is down another 320 points!

Personally, I've had better luck betting on sports. At least it's something that I have a wealth of personal knowledge on and I can make my own decisions. I just apply similar principles to what a broker would.

I can't even mention about what happened yesterday and how it caused a big pull back. Some one got canned over it though. :laugh::whistle:

Someone typed B instead of M (billion instead of million) in a sell order.

In other words, someone thought P&G was going down the tubes and everyone panicked.

It's kinda scary how a quick fat finger can impact the markets. hmmm if any friends knew it had happened they could have made some good money really quick.

Last edited:

I HATE the stock market, It cost me a Sh!t load of money about 10 years ago and i tried to stay in for the long haul, get out while you can.

Back