I’m an idiot lol

Today I rebuilt the forks again and changed the oil to the proper oil height per Hyperpros recommendation. Which is 7.5wt (I used motored) and 120mm air gap to match their springs. No more weirdness going on and the bike feels very solid. Great on center feel and in the turns. I have the rear shock set to where hyper pro set it per my weight. The front I have 2 turns of preload on each side plus 5 clicks rebound dampening and 5 clicks comp dampening.
Night and day difference when you do things right. But, lessons learned as I have only done either no adjustment or preload only adjustment conventional forks in the past.

Hopefully that's not your bike Frank....
no bee - lool

it´s a buddy´s one. i have a ´00 gen1

read these (linked) thre (3) stories .

i replaced all bearings the week after getting my busa into my workshop
and i control them with every tire change whether they grind or otherwise feel strange .

i learn (ed) by my experiences ;-)
means
i try never to repeat faults .

no bee - lool

it´s a buddy´s one. i have a ´00 gen1

read these (linked) thre (3) stories .

i replaced all bearings the week after getting my busa into my workshop
and i control them with every tire change whether they grind or otherwise feel strange .

i learn (ed) by my experiences ;-)
means
i try never to repeat faults .
Good, those pictures made the bike look like it lived in a swamp somewhere...

My bike has zero rust on it like that one does and is whistle clean...

Berlin the wheel bearings looked like they were replaced in the front before I bought the bike. I know All balls has either a blue or red seal inside of the race, as those were the same that I installed on my VFR awhile back. So maybe someone has been down that road with this bike before.

Good, those pictures made the bike look like it lived in a swamp somewhere...

My bike has zero rust on it like that one does and is whistle clean...

did u already have a look into the rim ?

the owner visited me in my garage and asked me what could occur rust "tears ´n tracks" ouside at the brake discs ?

caused by that question i took the wheel out and had a look inside the wheel´s hub with my endoscope .

did u already have a look into the rim ?

the owner visited me in my garage and asked me what could occur rust "tears ´n tracks" ouside at the brake discs ?

caused by that question i took the wheel out and had a look inside the wheel´s hub with my endoscope .
I took a look at the last tire change and mine's whistle clean inside.....not a spot of rust at all and my seals are in good shape.

That rim you posted looked like the seal failed and allowed water to in....it must be ridden in the rain quite a bit.

Season 3 School GIF by The Simpsons

Back