Fork adjuster

Naresh gangwani

Registered
Helo busa riders
I have a question I recently change fork seal
As it was gone so I changed and the fork oil with it . After fitting it back when i had to do rebound factory setting...i cudnt as the owner manual books shows rebound adjuzter shud clicks 8 times anti-clockwise for the factory settings after clicking clock wise till
It stops .....but with my bike it juz clicking 6 times anti-clockwise and then it stops I cudnt do the factory settings can u guys plz help me

Helo busa riders
I have a question I recently change fork seal
As it was gone so I changed and the fork oil with it . After fitting it back when i had to do rebound factory setting...i cudnt as the owner manual books shows rebound adjuzter shud clicks 8 times anti-clockwise for the factory settings after clicking clock wise till
It stops .....but with my bike it juz clicking 6 times anti-clockwise and then it stops I cudnt do the factory settings can u guys plz help me
Sounds like you have the cartridge rod locknut in the wrong position/height and this is causing the problem you’re having with the adjuster not going to it’s full range of adjustment.

A39163BA-08BD-4108-B890-DC258B49C567.jpeg

Thanx sir i ll do that

hi man from india

some basics ;-)

1st - do the measurement of the 11 mm with mm-tool named measuring stick
inch based measuring tools are a little bit too inaccurate (tolerance from inch to mm)
if you can get the stick like the below shown it´s ok, but look only! at the mm-scale.
schieblehre mechanisch.jpg

or
schieblehre didital.jpg

at the digital piece always use the mm-scale !

2nd - the 11 mm distance from nut to thread´s end is a MUST - tolerance of max 1/10 mm is ok, but not more!
no matter if you wrench a gen1 or gen2

3rd - do the measurement of oil hight also with a mm-based tool like
Fuellmenge.jpg

4th - clean (inside) and dry the fork always completely

5th - then fill in the volume in LITER as written in the manual .
(or measure the hight with the syringe-based tool)

and
at the end - follow the manual´s descriptions line by line
otherwise you may get into "trouble"

good luck with your fork :-)

I guess I gave him enuff info to hang himself, but our German friend has expounded the topic. . . to his credit. Thanks Frank.
Just hope this doesn't confuse our 'man from India', as @Berlin Germany has eloquently put it lol
You answered his question perfectly Kiwi. Short n' sweet and to the point. I got that the OP already did the job just forgot one tweek. He either did the job himself or had help,bit of a balldrop but not the end of the world.
Our Mr.Berlin always provides an' in-depth walkthrough...just how he rolls. :thumbsup: Somebody knew enuff to get most of the job right.
Rubb.

@rubbersidedown
@Kiwi Rider

grin - i am what i am - a typical german engineer who can't be imprecise.
so sometimes my answers are more or less a kind of doctors thesis. View attachment 1627902
sorry ;) :lol:

best regards from across the pond
I like your posts Frank,and for somebody that has never done the job you always provide just about all relevant information. :thumbsup:
Takes patience...good on you. :bowdown:
Rubb,

@rubbersidedown
@Kiwi Rider

grin - i am what i am - a typical german engineer who can't be imprecise.
so sometimes my answers are more or less a kind of doctors thesis. View attachment 1627902
sorry ;) :lol:

best regards from across the pond
Thanks Frank, I look at the S1000RR and understand and see the German precision engineering.
We enjoy your input on all these technical issues that are presented.
Some days I look at the questions here, and literally can not be bothered spending 15 minutes typing out the answers.
You actually care enough to take the time.
My hat is off to you my friend.

Back