Hurricane Ivan com'in

I'm truly not understanding why these hurricanes are sprouting up back-to-back and hitting Florida like this.  They are in desperate need of prayer right now.
sad.gif
Climate change my friend, brutal storms are getting worse and worse every year everywhere ... we're screwed !!
sad.gif

sad.gif

Damn Cecil, I knew there was another OBVIOUSLY LABELED Tampa Busa rider out there...  My Bad...

Hell we all gotta meet up one night somewhere central to all of us...
Yes Sir... Tampa here.

Sounds great.

Been doing the QS&L thing on Wednesday nights in St. Pete.
Quaker Steak & Lube pics

I am open for a ride tonight, weather permitting...

I live in the New Tampa area near Bruce B. Downs and County Line Road

Say when...

Kevin, what are your plans, Worst case...

Raider, ClearwaterBusa, PureEnergy, Diesel, GypsyJoker, and all the rest... Same question!!!
Were actually thinking about buying plywood and boarding up the windows this time, sounds like it may be a regular occurance, might as well get the stuff.

Have you noticed that the last two storms crossed here in Polk County and now this one looks like it is forcast for us too. What is up with that?

Charley: no damage

Frances: a few shingles and lattice from the deck

Ivan:?
rock.gif

Kevin, what are your plans, Worst case...

Raider, ClearwaterBusa, PureEnergy, Diesel, GypsyJoker, and all the rest... Same question!!!
Were actually thinking about buying plywood and boarding up the windows this time, sounds like it may be a regular occurance, might as well get the stuff.

Have you noticed that the last two storms crossed here in Polk County and now this one looks like it is forcast for us too. What is up with that?

Charley: no damage

Frances: a few shingles and lattice from the deck

Ivan:?
rock.gif
Here is a quote about Ivan

"The most powerful hurricane to hit the Caribbean in 10 years damaged 90 percent of the homes in Grenada, killing 13 people there, and destroyed a 17th century stone prison that left criminals on the loose, officials said."

For ease of reading, here is the entire news article:

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20040909/D850AI081.html

Man, dont know what to say. Dont feel like making a wise crack is appropriate.. Other than I feel bad for you all. and glad for once I am living in California.

Guess you dont know what ya got until you see someone else get crushed..

Hang tough y'all

I for one am SICK of these storms coming through. I'm in Orlando, and I seem to have the worst judgement when it comes to trying to dodge them.

Example....

Hurricane Charley: Hunker down at home, get our asses handed to us. trees down, fence down, shingles gone, roof leaking no power for 6 days.

Frances: Ok, so fearing the royal smackdown this time around, I take my wife and head to Tampa to avoid this one. Turns out I ended up chasing it down and losing power in Tampa, and getting flooded to top it off. I call my friends back in Orlando who tell me they never lost power, or cable.

Now, with Ivan on the horizon I don't know if I should just stay home again and chance it, or run and chance moving right into it's path again.

Hurricanes = teh Suxors

I'll keep praying that it misses us all together though. We've had enough for one year.

Everywhere you live, there's a few months of the year that aren't so pleasant. AND hurricanes this bad don't come along EVERY year. So, I think I'll just continue to enjoy Florida as long as I can endure, then when I'm done....

I'll just go off someone and die.

Thanks for the prayers.

Kent:p

Did ya'll hear the good news? ? ? ?  
rock.gif

Ivan is scheduled to hit Tuesday!!!

With any luck it'll stall over Tampa.

2 PAID days off... plus get overtime when the
work has to be made up before any deadlines!!!  
cool.gif

Not to forget a whole weekend of RIDING!!!  
biggrin.gif

All I can say is bring it on!!!  
tounge.gif

As for my plans... Stay home & play computer games! Hooo Yaaahhhh!!!!!
laugh.gif

P.S. Remember what happened the last time you tried to get
a Tampa Busa meet together?? All ya got was me...
Although this time GypsyJoker would prolly show too.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1064"|1094769498 -->

rock.gif

cool.gif

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

P.S.  Remember what happened the last time you tried to get
Yeah I remember, but I bet this time Kevin will show at least...
smile.gif
Besides, there is quite a few more here from The area than there were last year... Would be good to get us all together... so at least we can pint and nod at the Busa's. Besides, Nothin cooler than a Busa. Except a group of Busai' all together...

rock.gif

cool.gif

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

P.S. Remember what happened the last time you tried to get
Yeah I remember, but I bet this time Kevin will show at least...
smile.gif
Besides, there is quite a few more here from The area than there were last year... Would be good to get us all together... so at least we can pint and nod at the Busa's. Besides, Nothin cooler than a Busa. Except a group of Busai' all together...
If you biuld it... they will come.

Let me know when and where.

Hell yeah I will, I think Kevin has a fresh post in my "Tampa Get together" Thread... Watch that space. Will be good time... I dunno where though... Someplace reasonably central fo rthe most people.

Rev, Cecil and all others in Fl. I am planning on heading to North Carolina if it gets close. Gonna hide in the mountains. A get together sounds cool. Maybe after the hurricanes get done around here. Be safe all. There will be room in the mountains if anyone wants to hide........Dave

I think I would end up moving.  You all be careful.  
Tony

<!--EDIT|LongbowIP
Reason for Edit: "I am an idiot"|1094821851 -->

Ivan.jpg

We're thinkin of boarding up the house and getting outta State for a while~ Looks like i'll be closing and locking down the building until Wednesday, so I think we'll go visit the in-laws in Nebraska~ Although the thought of leaving my whole life behing for Ivan to tear apart and looters the help themselves to afterwards kinda bothers me.. especially where the Busa is concerned~ So I may just send the wifey and ride it out with pistol in hand~
wink.gif

...Also, If I remeber correctly I did make it out to the last Tampa get together~ Well that was the one when Longbow graced us with his presense anyway~
I'm always up for a local meet~ Would be nice to meet all the new(er) peeps and be able to put a face to a screen name~ Although there is also Raider's Rides on Sundays.. if we could get everyone to show!
tounge.gif

I now return you to your previously scheduled topic....

We're thinkin of boarding up the house and getting outta State for a while~ Looks like I'll be closing and locking down the building until Wednesday, so I think we'll go visit the in-laws in Nebraska~ Although the thought of leaving my whole life behing for Ivan to tear apart and looters the help themselves to afterwards kinda bothers me.. especially where the Busa is concerned~ So I may just send the wifey and ride it out with pistol in hand~
wink.gif

...Also, If I remeber correctly I did make it out to the last Tampa get together~ Well that was the one when Longbow graced us with his presense anyway~
I'm always up for a local meet~ Would be nice to meet all the new(er) peeps and be able to put a face to a screen name~ Although there is also Raider's Rides on Sundays.. if we could get everyone to show!
tounge.gif

I now return you to your previously scheduled topic....
Yer welcome to leave your 2 bikes in my garage for the duration GJ Just say the word.

There will be a RR on Sunday.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1067"|1094829547 -->

I think its time to get the hell outta dodge. To many hurricanes down here in Florida. To think, here in Ft. lauderdale I lost power for three days because of Frances a cat 2, and we didnt even get the deadly side or the eye. I cant imagine Ivan even skimming by Ft. Lauderdale unloading the right side of that storm on us
wow.gif
. Im moving to Arizona.
biggrin.gif
You have an extra room Mikey?

laugh.gif
Hell yeah.... Let's start a big arse Busa Commune in Arizona on Mikey's land!!
biggrin.gif

Yer welcome to leave your 2 bikes in my garage for the duration GJ Just say the word.

There will be a RR on Sunday.
Thanks brother! That's very cool of you to offer~ Doesn't look like I'll be going anywhere though~ We put out a memo to the offices here that we were gonna close the building Monday and Tuesday and had about five or more of the doctors totally freaked out on us~ I guess the all mighty dollar is more important then the safety of the people~ So I can't leave now... gotta be here to lock things down after Ivan gets here and not until~ It'll be too late by then to even attempt to get outta dodge~ I'd rather ride it out locked down in my house then stuck on some interstate in traffic somewhere...

<!--EDIT|GypsyJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094845232 -->

Well...had not time to read the posts since at work. This has been crazy...I've been working w/the Orange County Emergency Operations Center since Monday and the way things are looking with Ivan, I'll be camping out at the EOC for a few days.

I really think we had more than enough already...but aparently someone thinks different. So may God be with all of us during this one, AGAIN!

Take care all!

Vanessa:blush:

Back