Hump and seat lock

ZRXMAX

Registered
This is so lame! The seat / hump lock won't release. I have 2 keys but only use the regular ignition key that has worked all along. I have flipped the key over and wiggled it plenty. Tapping on the hump, wiggling the hump... trying any which way to get it to release has failed. Squirted a little liguid graphite in the lock and put some on the key and still no access. This sucks! Any ideas besides going to the locksmith?

For a gen1.
Use a wooden paint stirring stick.
Slide it through the gap at the back right rear under the hump/rear seat(right side while seated on bike).
Push the stick towards the left side of the bike.
The arm that the cable connects to is towards the rear of the bike. You can push the arm over and unlock it.
For a gen2.
Unbolt driver seat.
Pop 4 plastic push pins out of small rectangle plastic on tail, below passenger seat.
Look in with flashlight, as the release arm faces the front of the bike on a gen2.
You can push it to the left with a long screwdriver.

For a gen1.
Use a wooden paint stirring stick.
Slide it through the gap at the back right rear under the hump/rear seat(right side while seated on bike).
Push the stick towards the left side of the bike.
The arm that the cable connects to is towards the rear of the bike. You can push the arm over and unlock it.
For a gen2.
Unbolt driver seat.
Pop 4 plastic push pins out of small rectangle plastic on tail, below passenger seat.
Look in with flashlight, as the release arm faces the front of the bike on a gen2.
You can push it to the left with a long screwdriver.
I've got the same problem. I swore this would never happen to me but it has.

I can't get the 4 pins out, only the front 2. I have the glove box mod. I was able to release the back of the hump by releasing the back quarter turn fasteners. I can reach in and feel the cable but I can't get to the release.

20230304_055143.jpg

20230304_062345.jpg

I got the pins and the little plastic piece out but I can't get to the latch from the front due to my fuse box and MoniMoto that's in the way. I think I'm screwed

20230212_120313.jpg

There seems to be a plastic piece blocking access to the latch, no doubt designed to stop this....

Got it. Was able to reach through the hole with a cotter pin puller and pop it. Feel pretty dumb.
It's always a learning experience......

I've always spent a lot of time getting to know my bikes...I used to tear them apart to see what is what....

I think I first started this with my first bike back in the '70s....

It's always a learning experience......

I've always spent a lot of time getting to know my bikes...I used to tear them apart to see what is what....

I think I first started this with my first bike back in the '70s....
I kinda do that too. Because of my wide being sick I can't ride as much as I want to so I tinker....

Back