how to repack a motorcycle oring chain with grease

kml

Donating Member
Registered
For those of you who have a really poor understanding of a vacuum, here's a handy how-to video.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

cheers
ken

can somebody please explain how this works?

does not seem to make sense to me.

It doesn't work. The grease would just sit on the outside of the chain.

If the principle was behind the video was correct every time you flew on an airplane and the cabin pressure was lowered liquids would be sucked into your stomach without the need to swallow.

:laugh:

cheers
ken

I am thinking that atleast in theory, you would need to do the opposite.....

pressurize the cannister to force a liquid grease past the o-rings.....but the vacuum idea might in fact suck out some of the grease inside the o-rings if the pressure difference were great enough...

Wow............and people like that vote..............and drive............and have kids...........

I was waiting for the point in the video when the "JOKE" would be unveiled...hoping against hope that this guy was NOT serious :blowingup:

i am suprised the pvc pipe didn't implode or something. that was a great example of useless information. why wouldn't you just buy a new chain....:poke:

Oh so this is what the guy says when i proceeded to politely tell him he was mistaken about his method and why go through all the trouble and just replace the chain.

@RJUSMC08 thats funny cause this is exactly the way tsubaki chain manufacturer does it VACCUM INJECTION, gonna tell me there wrong, you should do your homework before you talk s--t, read the link dumb a--

@RJUSMC08 blow me

Why didn't he actually do it instead of just describing the process? For starters it doesn't look like his chamber is big enough to hold the chain.

Back