How to repack the exhaust?

IG.

Registered
I've got Micron full system installed in '01. I figure time to repack. Have no idea how - any pointers? Seems, I can unscrew the cap.

I've heard the company is no longer in business. The website seems a bit strange, too. I found this packing material on ebay. Do you think it is suitable?

The packing looks good to me as it says it will work for motorcycles. I've repack my Vance and Hines Longshots on another bike and it was easy install. I had to take the baffle out, wind the material around the baffle evenly and re-installed. Make sure you don't over pack (use too much) as it will restrict air flow. Good luck.

Well that looks like it's for a dirt bike, not sure if it will work or not. Unless your cans have gotten noticeably a lot louder, then you should not need to repack. But if you do, make sure you are using ceramic fiber, not fiberglass etc. The fiberglass will last about 4-5k due to the heat, the ceramic fiber will last wayyyyyy longer.

If micron is out of business, look for a repack kit for a similar sized can from another vendor, like the ones available here..

Muzzys - Exhaust System Parts

Yes, the seller responded to my request - that's for a dirt bike, and he says I need two of those.

I can't tell if the bike got louder - maybe a bit, but I am not sure. I simply don't remember how it was, and since the changes are gradual, I can't notice.

My only concern for repacking is that the map I have is for a newly packed can, so if the flow of my can changed, the existing map is no longer optimal.

I wouldn't use that stuff .. it will be burnt and blown out pretty quickly, looks like fiberglass to me. I'd suggest looking around for a repack kit appropriate for the pipe. But if you do wind up using that stuff, blend it with steel wool, it will last a lot longer.

Don't know about your exhaust, but the TwoBrothers website sells repack kits for their systems. Their kits should match the best out their and are sold for the Busa TwoBrothers system.

I am not affiliated...but am a big fan of their stuff.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I will look into getting repacking stuff from Two Brothers...

Back