How to remove needle from gauge cluster! Please help!!!

Hey everyone,

I have been lurking on hayabusa.org for the past couple years and have had my Busa for about 4 years but am just now making my first post so let me apologize in advance if I put this in the wrong thread or something, it deff was not intentional!

I have a 2004 Busa and am needing to remove the needle from the temperature gauge on my stock gauge cluster so I was hoping somebody on here would have some pointers?!?! I have watched a few vids up on youtube using a fork to pop it off but all of those are for the main speedo and i just dont want to destroy my cluster or something. So if anyone has ever had to remove their temperature gauge can you please let me know what method you used and how well it worked.

Thank you again,

Matthew

Just an FYI, you will need to have the cluster re calibrated if you remove the needles!

Awesome thank you all for the help and replies. I was able to pop them off, but how do i re-calibrate the gauges once they are back on??? Is there a specific technique??

Send the cluster to Bluegauges!
Awesome thank you all for the help and replies. I was able to pop them off, but how do i re-calibrate the gauges once they are back on??? Is there a specific technique??

You should have un-soldered the motors from the board!

Back