How to remove needle from gauge cluster! Please help!!!

Hey everyone,

I have been lurking on hayabusa.org for the past couple years and have had my Busa for about 4 years but am just now making my first post so let me apologize in advance if I put this in the wrong thread or something, it deff was not intentional!

I have a 2004 Busa and am needing to remove the needle from the temperature gauge on my stock gauge cluster so I was hoping somebody on here would have some pointers?!?! I have watched a few vids up on youtube using a fork to pop it off but all of those are for the main speedo and i just dont want to destroy my cluster or something. So if anyone has ever had to remove their temperature gauge can you please let me know what method you used and how well it worked.

Thank you again,

Matthew

I have seen people use a spoon for the speedo and tach but I don't think you can take the others off . If nobody answers call bluegauges.com they should be able to help. Why do you need them off?

Yes all needles can be removed. Use two spoons. It takes a little bit of good pressure to get them off. Slow and steady gets them off unbroken. Email me or PM me if you have any other questions.

Thanks everybody for the replies and help!!!! I was able to use the two spoon method and got them off (and then subsequently back on) perfectly. I actually was needing to remove them because i got new gauge covers pretty much identical to the ones on bluegauges.com, just didnt get them from that. Thanks again!

Since this topic has now been taken care of, is there a way i can delete it (or tell a moderator to delete it?)

Thanks again everyone! I am sure I will be seeing all of you around here more often!

Back