How To Know If It's Time To Move On? Hayabusa.org

Why-Are-You-Sad001.jpg

Not all change is for better, this is one of them. This is the only site l come to, starting in 2005, when l met a group at Copper Mountain cycle fest, 20th Anniversary of the GXR, l still have the T shirts. I will greatly miss this.

Sorry to see this site go away. Thanks to all for the knowledge, discussion and opportunity to provide and receive help with our chosen rides. Such a huge body of experience and knowledge seems a shame to waste. Cap, is there any way to preserve and share that knowledge for the future?

There is a TON of information on this site Busa and Motorcycle related.....

Damn shame to see it all just vanish into the Ethos.

How much would it cost to keep the lights on so 2 speak?? I know some forums have a membership fees. Depending on how many are interested and the price of membership that could be enough to keep the party going???

I think I'm going to cry now . Its been noticed since I joined a few years ago low traffic , but the few that post are what kept me here . I have been on many forums , and only two have I shared my information with . Here and ZRXOA who a few members from there are also on this forum .
I;m going to really miss this place .

Is there a hard set lights out date ?

Very sad to hear.

This place has a huge amount of valuable technical information. Every time I have a question about the Busa, I can always find the answer here.

Internet forums are dying, no doubt about it, being replaced by FB, instagram, txt messaging, whatever. Motorcycling is also dying for that matter, heck kids aren't even interested in cars these days.

Well Crap, I haven't even got to plan attending a bash yet. I hit this site three times a day everyday. I am NOT into Facebook with "hey I'm going to the bathroom then to I'm going into the kitchen to make a bologna sandwich." But I do like to see what's going on here, learn a little and maybe help share a little knowledge. It's good knowing all you good folks. Well I'm going to make a peanut butter sandw... oh nevermind!

If the greatest and best run forum on the internet can't make it in the digital world , I can honestly tell you that I don't wish to be a part of it anymore .

This IS a bummer!
I have gained a wealth of knowledge and how-to's from here in the past year without ever needing to post. Almost any question I usually have has already been discussed, so no need to post.
What makes it really sad is that the hayabusa is still in production, yet without any changes except for abs in the last 10 years, nothing much new to discuss.
Running a forum takes time and money so I do understand that part of the agrivation.
I have given at least 2 advertisers here some business since buying my hayabusa, so thank you to all the advertisers that have helped keep the place going.
If this place truly is closing its doors, can somebody give me a recomendation to another website or forum for hayabusa enthusiast?
I'm sure I could do a little net searching and come up with something, but sometimes it ends up being just nonsense.

Wow. Very sad to see this Cap. I have gained so much info here, not to mention most of my friends that I hang out with were met on this site, the ones that I live close to, and the ones that live hours away. Thank you Cap for a great site, I hate to see it go away. Will miss going back and looking at the Bash pictures of the good years. :(

Six thats exactly it. Cap please im me or email me. I would be interested in taking this over. I do have servers and a huge home network. I do not want this site to close, and i know many feel the same. I truely understand the labor of love and how it can outlive its welcome. That being said i do not think this site has. I have been running my own computer company for a number of years (17) on top of my main job. Iwould love the challenge.

Hey Six , please continue pulling wheelies etc for those kids lucky enough to have you as a cool motorcycle influence . Irresponsible to some possibly , not to me , I sincerely mean this . I remember very well many early epic motorcycling moments , times when for instance I witnessed awesome wheelie pulling locals , riding Z1 ,GS , GSX etc in my area , including my missed eldest brother , who was a huge influence to me .... ( my brother went on to be a well respected motorcycle journo for various Aussie motorcycle publications ). The freedom to ride , the risk and the reward of skilled ridemanship , the slightly unhinged even , non conforming nature of motorcycling I found so appealing , the fact that we are a little different from the average being , because we choose to ride , shouldn't be lost because of some technology path that society dictates we should communicate , play and pay through . Don't let the nanny state win , and kill of motorcycling . We got to do what ever it takes to keep motorcycling growing , to be exciting to the younger generations .

Wow. Very sad to see this Cap. I have gained so much info here, not to mention most of my friends that I hang out with were met on this site, the ones that I live close to, and the ones that live hours away. Thank you Cap for a great site, I hate to see it go away. Will miss going back and looking at the Bash pictures of the good years. :(

The sheer number of photos shared from every event tied to members, friends, random meets and odd circumstances that brought riders together because of the oRg is astonishing.

As cap said, he shared this news earlier with admin, so we've been processing it. Omar and I talk about it often, and I think I just assumed it would always just be here, despite knowing that the pace of social media looms. I told cap, I'd envisioned my kids one day having a place to go, years from now, and seeing just how much I used to share of my life, their lives, life in general, the craziness and passion for the Busa, for friends here, the fun we have had. They know; it's infiltrated their lives, people I met because of the oRg are regulars in my home and my kids know them by name. They don't think twice if we say "friends we met from the oRg" are stopping by, even if we still bring over someone we just met at Walmart that noticed the oRg t-shirt Omar's wearing (it's happened).

I think I've taken for granted just how much this site has given me over the years, but the last 5 years have been harder than the previous 42, so like everything, we change.

I've already checked out the WayBack Machine, hoping that we'll at least be able to retreat there if we need to look up something. I know my Gen I will be with me for as long as he'll chug along; 14 years and counting...

I've suspected that this might be coming. Without a new model Busa to regenerate interest, it's almost inevitable.

It's been a wild and great ride!

Checked my old R1 forum and it too is linked to FB for log ins. I dont really understand the technical or financial side with the FB tie in. I was on this forum in 02 and came back about 5 years ago when I got another busa.
Always a wealth of good info that would cost a fortune diagnostically if you had to go and pay someone for servicing. I think that is true of most bike forums.

It is a challenge these days to figure out how to monetize anything on the internet to keep it viable.

I hope that if nothing else the posts will be stored somewhere for people who need help.

BB

Hey Six , please continue pulling wheelies etc for those kids lucky enough to have you as a cool motorcycle influence . Irresponsible to some possibly , not to me , I sincerely mean this . I remember very well many early epic motorcycling moments , times when for instance I witnessed awesome wheelie pulling locals , riding Z1 ,GS , GSX etc in my area , including my missed eldest brother , who was a huge influence to me .... ( my brother went on to be a well respected motorcycle journo for various Aussie motorcycle publications ). The freedom to ride , the risk and the reward of skilled ridemanship , the slightly unhinged even , non conforming nature of motorcycling I found so appealing , the fact that we are a little different from the average being , because we choose to ride , shouldn't be lost because of some technology path that society dictates we should communicate , play and pay through . Don't let the nanny state win , and kill of motorcycling . We got to do what ever it takes to keep motorcycling growing , to be exciting to the younger generations .

Thank you sir.
Means alot coming from a fellow hooligan, lol.
There's you, a handful of guys in Oz and NZ, as well as the U.S west coast, that I will truly miss talking bikes and BS with.
Maybe Viper can work some magic til a gen3 shows up.
I've been here over 8 1/2 years, and keep coming back...because of the people.
All I can hope is that everyone continues to be grateful to Captain and the administrators for all they have done to start and keep this place going.
And, that to those of us that go to another forum, or if there is a future gen3 forum, that we keep our same screen names. Make it easy to catch up and move forward.
I'll be back to cry some more before it's over, lol:beerchug:

Back