How much to do it right?

Duckcomando

Registered
How much would it cost to take a stock 2011 and make it a stage 1 turbo and do it right? This bike would run on pump gas and really just be used as a normal rider with the occasional street race? Really want to make it a sleeper. Just a normal looking bike.

How much would it cost to take a stock 2011 and make it a stage 1 turbo and do it right? This bike would run on pump gas and really just be used as a normal rider with the occasional street race? Really want to make it a sleeper. Just a normal looking bike.

Probably the two best choices out there would be an RCC Stage One kit with a full standard pipe for $5100, or a Hahn Stage One kit with a full pipe (Micron canister) for $3880. Either one of these kits could be installed on the stock Gen 2 and run on pump gas. You would be at 220-230 rwhp. Both of these kits are "sleeper" kits: long pipes, quiet, and fast. More horsepower could be had by going into the motor and building up the internals slightly. Whatever you decide, the most important thing to consider other than the kit is the tune!:rulez:

Probably the two best choices out there would be an RCC Stage One kit with a full standard pipe for $5100, or a Hahn Stage One kit with a full pipe (Micron canister) for $3880. Either one of these kits could be installed on the stock Gen 2 and run on pump gas. You would be at 220-230 rwhp. Both of these kits are "sleeper" kits: long pipes, quiet, and fast. More horsepower could be had by going into the motor and building up the internals slightly. Whatever you decide, the most important thing to consider other than the kit is the tune!:rulez:

:thumbsup:i knew the experts would start chiming in:thumbsup:

Remember, lots of pics when you start your build.... Goodluck :thumbsup:

Thanks Frank I have been reading a lot of your post and replies and value your opinion. My biggest concern was if there was a need to go in the motor. Obviously if I don't have to in order to do what I'm after I don't want to, but if it will make the reliability better I will. Like I said before I'm not looking to let anyone know there is a turbo on the bike until they run up beside me trying to dust me off LOL!. I'm not a daredevil and really more than likely will not even be in the boost for most of my riding, but when I want it I want it and I want to know that is going to hold up and not come to pieces on me. Another thing is the fact that I really enjoy the handling of my bike at the stock length. If anything I might stretch the bike 2"-4" at the most.

How much power do you want?

There is a BIG range on a Stage-1 RCC build....

Like Frank said 220whp+ on a stock engine around $5,100.

320whp with base gasket, SS valves, etc. around $6,200+.

400whp+ full build, pistons, rods, etc..etc... $12k+... :beerchug:

More than likely the 220 hp. I can always upgrade right? Just looking to go bolt on and not have to change pistons and rods and such. As much as I can get out of the stock from a bolt on kit without pushing the limits on the stock motor. This particular busa only has about 400 miles on it at the moment. How long should I wait mileage wise befor I bolt on the kit?

rcc hands down over hahn, every day of the week

Greg, you know I agree with that . . . but not everybody has the $$$ to go RCC. For me, the difference in quality WAY outweighs the difference in price. The Hahn kit's header is mild steel and has a rep for cracking, the 16g turbos tend to spike without an external wastegate, the Hahn kit is not as upgradeable as the RCC, blah, blah, blah . . . there are so many threads on this subject. And the simple fact that the RCC kit has a two year warranty - which I have NEVER had to honor - would make my first choice RCC. Richard stands behind his product, and so does POWERHOUSE. . .:laugh:

Talk to Richard, his systems bolt up and he backs his stuff up 100%. Never heard a bad word about the real RCC. Stage one, pump gas, no work needed, just get a good tune.

Talk to Richard, his systems bolt up and he backs his stuff up 100%. Never heard a bad word about the real RCC. Stage one, pump gas, no work needed, just get a good tune.

BTW, POWERHOUSE is still offering a promotional discount on all RCC turbo kits . . . :cheerleader:

RCC is the only choice!

DO IT! :laugh:

IMG_1076.jpg

my opinion is pay now and go for quality parts that work without modifications, or pay more later to fix lesser kits

More than likely the 220 hp. I can always upgrade right? Just looking to go bolt on and not have to change pistons and rods and such. As much as I can get out of the stock from a bolt on kit without pushing the limits on the stock motor. This particular busa only has about 400 miles on it at the moment. How long should I wait mileage wise befor I bolt on the kit?

We've installed and tuned turbos on bikes right from the dealer's showroom . . . you don't have to wait at all. Your bike is ready right now . . . are you?:laugh:

Nice to see my link above.

320hp for $6200? Where? You are talking bottem end work at that range, if you want reliability.

Do the engine work now. Pistons, valves, springs, studs, water injection . . .enough to get you to 300hp. You WILL want it.

How much does it take? All of it. :laugh:

But, $6200 doesn't BEGIN to touch mine and I'm 'only' at 303.

IMG_7700-Small.jpg

Guages2.JPG

That's why it says $6,200+... :laugh:

You don't have to do the bottom end for 300whp, it just depends on the combo and plans/goals for the build. You are running a "street" setup with pump gas so for you its safer to run water/meth, etc. with true PUMP gas.

For a race bike, dump in some C16 and you're fine.

All it takes is $$$, how fast do you want to go or how big of a dyno number do you want.... :beerchug:

Back