How much is ttl in tx??

mospeed

Registered
thanks everyone for all the posts to my previous thread here:

so, I have a quote from Bartlesville in OK for $9799 and Rideextreme in OH for $9999 (saw them on ebay). shipping from OK was $555 and from OH was $479, so the final price after shipping is pretty much the same.

My question is how do I get it registered here in Houston, TX (Pearland actually). AND how much am I looking at in taxes and everything? do I just multiply 6.25% to $9799 (or $9999) and thats it?
rock.gif

Thanks for everyone's help.

Ed

you could pick it up in bartlesville for way less than that. its only about 11 hrs from you

if you order off the net, no sales tax seeing out its out of state, expecialy if your shipping it to your door. You t+t+L is gona be right around 1500. Thats a state thing and the only way around it is to have the dealer smudge the paper work and say you payed less than what you really did but thats not legal and Im not tellin you to do that (covering my butt on that one)

If you order the bike and have it shipped, once you get the title just take it to the Tag office in Pearland and thay will tell you what your gona spend, no way around it.

Anything else I can do to help, just give me a shout.

Josh

Hey man, Pearland is a stone's throw away from me. But to answer your question, yeah you would have to pay 06.25% to the state for taxes, unless you could produce an alternative bill of sale, saying you paid less ($500 total, know someone who did it). But I ain't tellin you to bend the law or anything.
rock.gif

YOu have to hit me up after ya get it so we can bend some corners.

I just purchased a 06 for a little less than that (9500) and my TTL was around $700. I am just north of Austin so it should be about the same for you. You can beat both of those prices in Texas. Go to the Suzuki site and find dealerships in small towns in Texas and request quick quotes. Try South texas suzuki and the dealership in Columbus. I think they both were a couple of hundred cheaper than you have and are with in a couple oh hours of you.

I just purchased a 06 for a little less than that (9500) and my TTL was around $700. I am just north of Austin so it should be about the same for you. You can beat both of those prices in Texas. Go to the Suzuki site and find dealerships in small towns in Texas and request quick quotes. Try South texas suzuki and the dealership in Columbus. I think they both were a couple of hundred cheaper than you have and are with in a couple oh hours of you.
+1

Don't pay all that shipping dude. just buy one locally that you can ride home and put the shipping cash in your pocket.

Any price under $10K plus Tax & License is not a bad deal. You can probably save a few hundred bucks off that by shopping all over texas but I'd do my best to buy from a dealer close to you. You'll eventually need service from someone and the dealer you purchased it from would probably be best?

Because you can ride in Texas probably 300 days out of the year. They know this and don't want to come down on the price.

According to his other thread, $11,500 OTD is the closest he can find them locally.

Ed,

Keep looking around. You have to be able to get one for around $10k within a few hours. The deals are out there....
wink.gif

Wish I was still with Suzuki. I may be a Kawasaki Sales Mgr soon.

Thanks everyone. I HAVE called every dealership in a 150mile radius of Houston and all have told me the same. cheapest one was $11,500. I keep telling everyone I talk too that you will see me this afternoon if you get me out the door for $10,500. no one bites...

I was told by the shop in Columbus that its harder to buy cheap in TX cause they have to buy their bikes more than any other state.... not sure if that is BS or not...

But yeah so far I'm having it shipped. I know that I'm in the 4th largest city in the US and can't find a good deal.
sad.gif

oh this same note... anyone know a good cheap shipping company? all the ones I have found are at least $500.

thanks everyone for all the posts to my previous thread here:

so, I have a quote from Bartlesville in OK for $9799 and Rideextreme in OH for $9999 (saw them on ebay).  shipping from OK was $555 and from OH was $479, so the final price after shipping is pretty much the same.  

My question is how do I get it registered here in Houston, TX (Pearland actually).  AND how much am I looking at in taxes and everything?  do I just multiply 6.25% to $9799 (or $9999) and thats it?
rock.gif

Thanks for everyone's help.

Ed
You'll wind up paying your taxes once you go to register your bike. Whatever that tax rate is... it will be multiplied by the price paid for the bike... then add another couple hundred dollars for title and license.

Thanks everyone.  I HAVE called every dealership in a 150mile radius of Houston and all have told me the same.  cheapest one was $11,500. I keep telling everyone I talk too that you will see me this afternoon if you get me out the door for $10,500.  no one bites...

I was told by the shop in Columbus that its harder to buy cheap in TX cause they have to buy their bikes more than any other state.... not sure if that is BS or not...

But yeah so far I'm having it shipped. I know that I'm in the 4th largest city in the US and can't find a good deal.
sad.gif
Try South Texas Suzuki. Ask for Scott Brown and ask what the best he can do on a 06. They are 10 min south of San Antonio and they treated me right. It is a small Suzuki shop owned by Scott's father, I forget his first name but they are good people from what I could tell. They were straight shooters no bull just a quoted price plus TTL no bs fees.

Had to  call South Texas Suzuki this morning about my tags. They said you called and they quoted you MSRP(or they think it was you). Call back and talk to Scott. They have five coming but three are sold. did not ask what color the two available were. They say if you call back they will work with you on one of the two left. If Scott is not there talk to his dad. Good luck. You could ride hme from there in a few hours or put it in a pick-up and takeit home. He said they may be there by Friday.

6.25% sales tax
title $33
license $41.30

why?
When you speak with them - Let them no you no what the cost of the bike is ($9450) and tax, title, and license cost. and to cut you a great deal.
This info can only hope. I am not guessing. These are the State Imposed Fees.

2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
$9450 (cost) / $11,100 (msrp) (LE Add $200)
$33 title
$41.30 license
6.25% sales tax
$50 docs (some dealers charge more / less)
$2.95 child safety law (texas law)

Back