How many have a touring bike also?

How many have a touring bike also?

I thought a Busa WAS a touring bike ?
Not sure why i'd want anything less powerfull, worse handling, slower, and heavier ?
A Busa or B-King will knock out a 600 miles a day or more,
and I have can have great fun doing it.

My "other bikes ?"

My Old School fix.... 1980 GSX1100ET, wire wheels, big bore, rear set's etc etc.

My Stunt/Clown about bike.... 1999 Naked GSF1200 Bandit, Renthals, loud pipe etc.

The Naked Busa and B-King will do everything else, and better than most.
Both run low 10's at the strip, chase the sportsbikes on rides, are great fun on a
Sunday blast and make "every mile a smile" on long run's and touring.

When i need something boring with a screen and radio I have a car.....:;):

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

The big thing about "touring" for me, is that it needs to be enjoyable and fun.
A car will get you A to B in comfort, a good bike will have you grinning all the way.

A couple of my old "touring" bikes......

97 Bandit 1200, GSXR-spec motor and 60-shot NOS wet kit....

1983, GSX1100SD (1170cc) Katana, with a few extra bell's and whistles.....

Have an 06 Street glide with a 95 ci motor and screamin eagle heads done up right.....been to key west and back on it from southeast texas.....when I wanna break the sound barrier...at least twice a week, lol, I break out the 06 Busa....best of both worlds....if you have the funds.....:thumbsup:

My Busa will always be my favorite bike to ride, The thrill is just unbelievable.

000_2782.jpg

The VTX will always be my commuter, Just a nice all around ride, Very comfortable and I dont have to worry about someone wanting to race me every time I go to work.

000_3399.jpg

And my project, Trying to get this one ready for the track ( 93 ZX11 )

000_3262.jpg

000_2782.jpg

000_3399.jpg

000_3262.jpg

Life's to short to waste it riding Cruisers ......:laugh:

Last edited:
I'm fortunate to have 4 bad a$$ bikes. My touring bike is a 06 Goldwing, prem audio (80Watts/Channel ipod ready) heated seats/grips, factory GPS, fully upgraded suspension with steering dampner, extra comfort and functional gadgets, added piaa lighting plus some other bits.

I recently upgraded my wing from a 1500 - which was a wonderful decision.

I'd rather ride my GenII Bird over any bike I've ever ridden. But for those long rides or trips to the hardware/ grocery/ book, etc store - the wing is just fine!

I also added a ST1100 to the stable awhile back, but mainly used it on the 120 mile round trip commute my job each day. Busa no good for that sort of freeway commute. Big, heavy, didn't fit me, sold it for same price I paid for it. ST owners though is huge group of devout aficionados.

Img_8280-PeavineRidge.jpg

Img_8396_900.jpg

Img_5372_LakeTahoe.jpg

Img_5507.jpg

Img_5629_ST1100.jpg

Img_8342_900_ST.jpg

Img_8280-PeavineRidge.jpg

Img_8396_900.jpg

Img_5372_LakeTahoe.jpg

Img_5507.jpg

Img_5629_ST1100.jpg

Img_8342_900_ST.jpg