Know I have a question or 100

Domoe

Registered
Now I have a question or 100

I just bought my first motorcycle a 2006 busa. I know nuthing about motorcycles. so here we go.

what are the pros and cons of shrechting a busa?
What is the best oil to use my bike has 2700 miles?
who should I see in san diego about getting my cowlings cromed?
will a pc make my bike easier to ride?

I have more questions these are just the kick-off.

Last edited:
welcome and congrats on your "new" bike.

stretching:
stretched looks cool, good for going fast in a straight line
not the best for handling/cornering/twisties

oil: can't go wrong with what your owner's manual recommends. I personally prefer Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40

PC: works best to complement full exhaust and a/m filter. not to make your bike easier to ride but make your engine run better/best

chrome: ask you local bike store. or check the yellow pages. Also found this using google: http://www.cycleimage.com/

Last edited:
:welcome: to the oRg. Ride it stock for a while and read up here using the search function. The Busa in factory form is one awesome machine.

Because you're talking chroming the fairings; you sound like a bling man. All it takes is money. Extended swingarm, 330 rear tire, the add-ons are almost infinite for the Busa. It only takes money.

:welcome: to the oRg. Ride it stock for a while and read up here using the search function. The Busa in factory form is one awesome machine.

Because you're talking chroming the fairings; you sound like a bling man. All it takes is money. Extended swingarm, 330 rear tire, the add-ons are almost infinite for the Busa. It only takes money.

I like bling but I don't want to sacrifice performance. so streching is out since i wanna lean.

What do you polish you bike with?

how can I get those warning stickers off after I read them LOL I haven't even read them yet.

What do you polish you bike with?

how can I get those warning stickers off after I read them LOL I haven't even read them yet.

:welcome: to the org. Very carefully using SLIGHT heat, from a hair dryer or a heat gun. YOU MUST BE CAREFUL OR YOU BOIL THE PAINT AND PLASTIC AND DISTORT IT.

Oh yeah, polishing what part? alot of us use several different products depending on what your polishing.

Last edited:
I personally recommend mobil1 4t racing full-synthetic. As far as the pc....I recommend ecu-edit instead. Half the cost and ALOT more features and no extra equipment to put on the bike. Do a search on it. It will allow you to get rid of the top speed limiter the right way, adjust rev limiter, comes with a shift light, and you can tune in timing in addition to fuel and more....all for around $200.:thumbsup:
oh yea and :welcome:

:welcome:

oil i use motul easter blend
streached swing arms are for drag racing to help keep the front down when coming off the line
i would do the ecu flashing to insted of pc

Stretch it
Slam it
Wide Tire kit it

If your going to Drag a Knee then maybe not.

Keeping her clean with Mothers Wash and Wax.

===================================================================

000_2782.jpg

you don't wanna stretch & slam your busa right off the bat...especially since you're a new rider and extra-especially since you're a new rider on a busa.

i'd recomend you first learn how to safely and proficiently ride your busa in stock form so you can appreciate the busa for all things that it is (or can be)and to make the learning process of riding and taking curves far safer and easier as stretching and slaming will seriously and affect the bikes handling,,and not in a good way...and unless ya know whatcher do'in suspension/clearance/re-springing/strut/strapping down wise?...you're opening up a huge can-o-worms and ya can seriously screw things (or yourself) up.

I wouldn't stretch my busa 1/4" unless the only curve it saw was at the end of a 1/4 mile...it's a very "single purpose" move...and i'd be a shame for you to jump right into that and completely miss the experience of all the busa can be as in the right hands it can preform "The Asphault Ballet" with the best of'em and make one hella damn fine hypersport touring machine.

btw...welcome to our world...where the world goes by fast at an angle.:thumbsup::beerchug:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

I say if you like the streched look go for it. Mines 61/2" and it still handles the turns fine. I dont drag my knee but I do more than just go straight. I have no problem keeping up with my freind through the turns on my streched Busa.This is just my .02

I say post up pics
Put a lot of miles on it
Change the oil like u should.
Put more miles on it.

Then mod it to the gills.

Good luck
Welcome

And

REREAD my first sentence.
Posted via Mobile Device

Welcome to the madness!

Cleaning: I use S100 and love it. Spray it on, hose it off, and dry the bike. My method of drying is my leaf blower. You can find it at most cycle shops.

Oil: Ask 20 people and you'll get 20 answers. I use Suzuki oil and change it in the fall and spring. I only manage about 1000-1500 miles a year though.

You know nothing about bikes and you buy a Busa? Nice.

Why don't you read and study up before you kill yourself. Unless though that you bought it for a status thing and no matter what we say it's falling on deaf ears. Please don't be one of those riders.

Be smart and ride smart.

You've done the equivalent of deciding to buy your first car and getting an Enzo.

Back