How Many Countries Will Come To Help America

Puerto Rico is going to do a Marathon to collect money on Saturday to help out.
They also helped out for 9/11 as they should with so much help they get from the U.S.

<!--EDIT|arey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125543114 -->

I think our government was not prepared fast enough . They should have had this under control as soon as the storm passed . We should have had suplies ready and waiting. But hey , Bush did cut his vaction short to fly over and look . I pray for the people that are there and for all that are affected.

I heard this morning on the early news 2 Countries have vowed the US in some form or another to help that was Russia and Japan..........others just gave condolences....thinking the next diaster or country being invaded by another we should have a news report and say Well remember when
rock.gif
On another note you know watching all these SciFi flicks hows come we couldn't just drop a bomb right down the throat of Katrina and dispearsed the storm long before she ever hit landfall.....Hummmm any thoughts on that one
tounge.gif

the deputy Prime Minister here in Canada has committed to us doing something too; but things are still trying to be figured out. I think we want to send a big slew of utility trucks and construction crews to help but I think there is enough of that already.  Our branch of the Red Cross is enroute as are various other specialized volunteers.

I think one of the big things we could do to help is give you guys a break on the price of all our oil
cool.gif
laugh.gif

Also creekboy - I've often wondered if it would be possible to nuke these big storms
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|banditoo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125574834 -->

until its in for sure we won't know who is going to help, I kinda changed my philosophy on the NY Yankees and The NFL they both donated a million dollars each Kuddos for them, Texas rangers owner said he'd match how much was givin at there next game up to a million
cool.gif
I hope everything turns out alright down there New Orleans is where I like to go on my cruises out of.

totally agree....the united states will not pull out until our government feels that its not a security risk to the US....that will never happen too many enemies around Iraq....enough said about this Im still perturbed about the diasters we are facing in our homeland now and where is any one else coming to say let me help you ....upsets me terribly...
Creek, I agree. However your missing something. The US WILL NEVER "pull out". One of the compelling reasons for invading is we lost out bases in Saudi. We moved, I think, over 2 divisions of troops from Saudi to Quatar. Now Quatar is about the size of, what, Robbinsville, NC.

The Gov has always been edgeing towards a permanent base in the middle east. The war gives them a solid reason to build one. Once that is accomplished, we will need troops to keep the base "tidy" and clean, right. That will take, what, a few divisions. Humm, sounds fishy don't it.

Chris

The other countries are too busy taking care of their own like we should be doing.  One of the main primary reason why our country chooses to go over to assist and give millions of american tax payer money  (not insurance money) to other countries and leave its struggling family, is because ...........

The truth hurts, believe me !

Dont believe everything the media tells and shows you on t.v , use your common sense !

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125620149 -->

hehe...why not send these "refugees" that refused to leave the area and decided to loot the area....to Iraq...Haiti...Cuba....Mexico...and any other country that seems to flood us with some of it's "very best citizens".
Can you imagine what a 60,000+ person immigration to Mexico of people that have no money..no shelter..nada, would do for Mexico? Just imagine all the jobs they could get...NAFTA at it's best, no?
After all...these countries have given us so much in the past...let's give a little back.
wink.gif

No, I am not saying all 60K+ people are lowlife theives...but then niether are all people that immigrate here....right?

Good news,

Many many countires have offered help. What they're offering, I don't know. But at least its something. C. Rice says no offer that can help the people in the diaster area will be refused.

I thought the President said that "HOMELAND SECURITY" could handle all our troubles! Aren't we paying 43 billion for that?
rock.gif

Has Canada done anything yet ?

Sending boxes of band-aids ain't enough from them .

If I'm premature and they have stepped in to help well ...... need more of those band-aids

If I'm premature and they have stepped in to help well ...... need more of those band-aids
Yes as a matter of fact we just committed three warships full of supplies, a coast guard vessel and several helicopters that are enroute. Air Canada is also flying in and out of New Orleans taking refugees to Texas, Oklahoma and beyond.

We also have a hospital ship that is planning to be deployed. I think it's in Florida right now actually.

Yes as a matter of fact we just committed three warships full of supplies, a coast guard vessel and several helicopters that are enroute.  Air Canada is also flying in and out of New Orleans taking refugees to Texas, Oklahoma and beyond.

We also have a hospital ship that is planning to be deployed. I think it's in Florida right now actually.
Thanks for mentioning that Bandit. Sounds like a little more than a box of bandaids.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BLKBLU04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125707156 -->

The U.N. has offered aid to the U.S. The President had not accepted anything as of this morning.

Damn shame. We can rush to the aid of other countries, but we can't take care of our own!
sad.gif
Why didn't the military send Active Duty troops to the area to secure a supply line? They train to do that kind of operation often. The National Guard should be going in to relieve the Active Duty troops AFTER they have secured the city, and established a supply and evacuation route.
mad.gif

If they get shot at, an M1A2 or Bradley would do well to return fire!

The U.N. has offered aid to the U.S.  The President had not accepted anything as of this morning.
That's good time obscene.  The man needs to swallow his pride, or whatever it is, and think aboujt the people first.  You know, the ones he was elected to provide for and such.
Where is this info coming from?? CNN reports that we are accepting aid from many, many countries.

C. Rice has said no aid that will help the victims will be refused. Also on CNN.

The U.N. has offered aid to the U.S.  The President had not accepted anything as of this morning.

Damn shame.  We can rush to the aid of other countries, but we can't take care of our own!  
sad.gif
  Why didn't the military send Active Duty troops to the area to secure a supply line?  They train to do that kind of operation often.  The National Guard should be going in to relieve the Active Duty troops AFTER they have secured the city, and established a supply and evacuation route.
mad.gif

If they get shot at, an M1A2 or Bradley would do well to return fire!
For domestic it has always been National Guard first, called in by the governor.  Not active duty tank regiments. Maybe someone should be talking to LA governor...

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125711643 -->

I heard this morning on the early news 2 Countries have vowed the US in some form or another to help that was Russia and Japan..........others just gave condolences....thinking the next diaster or country being invaded by another we should have a news report and say Well remember when  
rock.gif
On another note you know watching all these SciFi flicks hows come we couldn't just drop a bomb right down the throat of Katrina and dispearsed the storm long before she ever hit landfall.....Hummmm any thoughts on that one  
tounge.gif
Also CXuba said they would send 1100 doctors and medical supplies. I dought if US would allow them to come.

that would be a crying shame if they wouldn't let ready/willing and able doctors/nurses and medicine in from Cuba, hopefully they'll overlook the "issues" just for the time being ...
sad.gif

Back